Janice Dickinson Quotes

1. Without gay men, I am nothing.


2. Money is like hormones. It's just how you feel on any given day.

3. And I will never, ever respond to anybody - man, woman, vegetable, or mineral - who tells me to keep my mouth shut.

4. If you think I'm over-the-top, I am.

5. I got a book deal without even turning in one shred of a writing sample.

6. I had to fight like hell to convince people I was beautiful in my own Polish half-breed way.

7. Celebrity is hawking make-up, cars, everything; it's shifted.


8. In my day, I, being the first supermodel, I hawked everything.



9. I was hot and I knew it and it went to my head.



10. Mothers don't let your daughters grow up to be models unless you're present.

11. Photo shoots for underage girls are like letting an ant walk around with honey.

12. Self-help books are for the birds. Self-help groups are where it's at.

13. I've been the queen of dysfunction and made every mistake one can make.

14. I wish I'd gotten sober at a younger age.


15. I can wrap my legs around my neck.


16. I was lusted after walking down the streets of New York.

17. I grew up studying ballet; I grew up honing my craft.

18. I'm able to move like no one else you've ever seen in front of a camera.

19. I find the light and work it, work it, work it.

20. But you see, that's the gilded prison of fashion. We're riding in private jets, and meantime I was so incredibly, painfully sad and lonely.

21. I have a very vivid imagination.

22. Everyone steals from something or someone.

23. I borrow bits from everyone. 


24. I have to wake up and drink chamomile tea to slow down.

25. Beauty opened all the doors; it got me things I didn't even know I wanted, and things I certainly didn't deserve.

26. I was shaped by my mistakes.

27. I'm keeping my acerbic wit completely fueled.

28. I lived the stuff that Jackie Collins writes about.

29. I've been on the cover of every magazine in the world.

30. But as a young model, I never felt as beautiful as I looked.

31. I grew up in an abusive home and was told on a daily basis by my father that I would never amount to anything and that I looked like a boy.


32. Every six months I fly to Dallas to get botox and I also get collagen injections.

33. I'm addicted to cosmetic surgery!



34. My first job was for a blue jean company as a sitting model. I posed for 15 minutes and made $50. It was 1976.

35. People identify with me - everyone does - African American women, Caucasian women, they all identify with me because I'm ethnic.

36. What's my motto when it comes to money? Don't put so much emphasis on it!

37. Follow sound business trends, not fashion trends.

38. I'm aiming to become the white Oprah.


39. As the saying goes, I want to be the best-looking corpse there is.






40. The secrets almost killed me. I kept the secret of incest.

41. I'm not addicted to plastic surgery, but I need it. I'm 50-years-old and I'm on television... I can't have that chicken neck-thing going.

42. Don't say that. I like lowly journalists!

43. Gina doesn't know how to laugh at herself. She has a problem feeling comfortable and confident (and) making any pose stick.

44. If that's her attitude, she shouldn't be in modeling. She should be working at Avis.


45. I was in that dark, self-destructive place. I was up one minute, down the next. Soaring and crashing and crashing and soaring; the roller coaster from hell.


46. I am anxious. I am always anxious. I should change my name to Anxiety Dickinson. I am anxious about my little sister. My big sister. My mother. Myself. Life. I am anxious about what to wear, what to eat, what to say, how to breathe.

47. I liked the way he handled himself in the kitchen. I like men who cook. Men who cook are generally good lovers.


What do you think of Janice Dickinson's quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts