Naomi Campbell Quotes

1. Anger is a manifestation of a deeper issue... and that, for me, is based on insecurity, self-esteem and loneliness.







2. I don't always wear underwear. When I'm in the heat, especially, I can't wear it. Like, if I'm wearing a flower dress, why do I have to wear underwear?

3. I work very hard and I'm worth every cent.

4. I'm not set on a pedestal where I think I'm too high and mighty.


5. I make a lot of money, but I don't want to talk about that.


6. The worst was when my skirt fell down to my ankles, but I had on thick tights underneath.




7. After Versace was murdered, the first person to call me was Mandela.

8. Children are our future we must take care of them with maximum effort.

9. I cannot drink or do anything that changes the mind.


10. I have no regrets. I've got my health.

11. I live my life day by day, and that's how I continue to live it.

12. I never diet. I smoke. I drink now and then. I never work out.


13. I'm always trying to do the impossible to please people. It comes from not being secure in myself and not looking at the things within I have to fix. Sometimes you keep going because you don't want to face the truth.



14. I've been doing my job well for 17 years. People must see something in me. Otherwise, I'd be over and out.

15. In fact, I don't read newspapers any longer.

16. My features are completely ethnic.

17. Yes, I did and a lot of my friends who are in the same program as I were very much supportive, and the most important thing they said to me is do not let this interfere with what you have to do in taking car of yourself. That was the most important thing.

18. So why exactly do they call you Posh? (To Victoria Beckham)

19. It would be fantastic if everyone joined forces to give what they can.


20. Kate Moss is my friend...I think it's like everybody is being bad to her. It's not the first time it has happened in the world...it's really like a vendetta.




21. I think what is very scary about cocaine is that you start to feel too confident and you start to feel indispensable. You become short-tempered, your little charm goes. The little glow in your face goes. (Interview with Diane Sawyer)

22. Providing a safe environment for models and preventing exploitation of human beings.

23. I'm really happy that everyone came together and made it possible.

24. I go to meetings in every country I'm in; I have a sponsor, ... When you stop drugs, you have to stop everything.

25. There was no way I could walk the runways this week and just keep my (modeling) rate.


26. (Designers donated two looks each and the supermodel's famous friends also gave cash to cover the production costs.) The hardest part was calling my friends and saying: "I need money!" ... They'd say: "How much?" and I'd say: "Higher, higher!"

27. It's awful to see what happened and watch grown men crying on TV because they have nothing left.

28. When I'm looking at this (devastation), it's like I'm looking at Africa or anywhere else in the world but here. It made me think about what I could do to help.


29. Give Kate a bit of space to do her recovery. She was hurting herself, now she needs to mend herself. (After publicity surrounding friend Kate Moss pictured allegedly taking cocaine)



30. I don't see myself as gorgeous and I'm fed up with people saying I've had plastic surgery and lipo. I don't need it, because black don't crack. (Defending her natural beauty after being selected by People magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful in the world)

31. No one forced me to do it (cocaine). I did it because I wanted to. I don't have anyone to blame but myself. (Interview with Michael Parkinson)

32. I've cracked a lot of my boyfriends' emotions but it was good for them.


33. My mother is my father. (Asked if things would have been different if she had known her biological father)



 


34. I'm an easy target. I have a reputation for losing my temper, so people believe things. (Asked why people fight with her)

35. My mum (who has breast cancer) is a fighter. I've got that from her, I know she's a fighter.

36. I'm at a point where I won't let people push my buttons. I just want to walk away. It's taken me God know how many years. I'm 35 now and it hurts sometimes to think: "Do you really know me? You don't really know me at all."

37. I'm not afraid of my own death. When it's our your time, it's time.


38. I remember once the curtain wouldn't open at Gianni's last show (after his death). There was a butterfly flapping around and it got stuck in curtains, and I knew it was like Gianni. That butterfly was him and when I put on that dress I saw the butterfly.





39. I am shocked. It's upsetting to be described as chocolate, not just for me, but for all black women and black people. I do not find any humour in this. It is insulting and hurtful. (Naomi Campbell is shocked on being compared to Cadbury chocolate in an ad / June 04, 2011)

40. It rips you world apart. I never thought I was an alcoholic but it goes hand in hand with the drugs. Emotionally I was just gone. I was emotionally unattached to myself. You just want to numb your pain. And I’ve got tons of stuff. Same as everybody else. I didn’t like the way I was. Drink and drugs are an allergy for me, and they don’t make me a better person.


41. I was a party girl. I started quite late, 24. I was having fun. It wasn’t that I couldn’t get out of bed in the morning without it. It wasn’t a coping mechanism. It was a party thing and I didn’t realize how powerful it was, in a very wrong way. The fun comes with consequences, you are killing yourself … I was an active addict. But I could still function.

42. Recovery is a positive thing. There’s nothing to be ashamed of. When you know you need help, and seek help, you need that time to deal with it. Get used to that new discipline. Tell when you are ready to tell. There’s no shame. There are people who get out of that prison, like Eric Clapton. I wanted to know what it was - that peace, that serenity. A lot of my friends didn’t want to hang out with me when I came back. That hurt. 


43. I make many mistakes. Many mistakes. I’m not a perfect human being. I have to learn from my mistakes. And a lot of the ones I’ve made have been public. So I always get nervous when people speak about something that sounds like a role model, because I don’t know if I’ve been a great role model myself. I don’t think I have in certain aspects of my life. But I’m trying to do better. I admit to my mistakes. I admit to the things that I’ve done wrong. I admit it. But I’m trying to do right by myself and my life now.

44. I don’t get depressed. When I feel an attack, I withdraw. I disappear, I replenish, and then I come back. I’m not going to wallow in self-pity and not live my life. There are always going to be some falls in life for everybody, no matter what career you have. You have to roll with the punches and keep going.


45. What you need to understand - I wasn't on trial - I was forced through a subpoena to testify. Nothing to do with me. This trial has been going on for how many years? No one cared to write about it. You bring Naomi Campbell to the stand, the whole world knows. So as far as I was concerned I was used as a scapegoat. I do not think what he (Taylor) did to his people is correct. I do not condone that and I will never condone that, but I do not see why I have to sit here and hear around everywhere I go in the world that this was like my trial. I was a witness. I told and remembered what I could to my ability and it was 13 years ago.

46. I like men that are strong. I like the men to wear the pants. I like strong men that know what they want, know what they are doing, that tell me what to do. I cannot tell Vlad what to do.

47. I can buy what I want. Have I ever dated someone who wasn’t well off? Yeah, a working class man. A man in the arts. I have dated someone poor.


48. I didn't receive a diamond and I'm not going to speak about that.





49. I don't like yes-people. I don't want yes-people around me; I think they're extremely dangerous. I like people who are honest with me and tell me the truth. I can take it.

50. I'm not shirking blame for any of the things I did. I'm responsible for my actions. But I'm also responsible for making changes.


51. I'm not perfect, I'm very much a work in progress. But I'm trying. I'm working on my faults. That's all you can do - work on them. I've worked very hard on correcting my previous wrongdoings and I won't be held hostage by my past behavior. I always try to treat people with respect.





52. I've matured. I stop myself from getting tired and burnt out. I want a quieter life today. I've been through the party scene. You get older and your life changes. Things that matter to you when you're 20 don't matter so much when you're approaching 40.

53. I will be there after Easter to confirm first-hand the work of White Ribbon with women and children, and especially with 37,000 pregnant women who are facing extreme risk situations.


54. I am not a humanitarian leader, but someone who wishes to improve the world in which we live. I want to see first hand where the money is being invested.

55. I was accused of unacceptable behavior towards a driver in New York. I have worked very hard on correcting my previous wrongdoings and I will not be held hostage to my past.

56. I try to treat everyone with respect and I am pleased the driver has apologized. I would like to put the last few days behind me and move on.

57. My style icons are people that (sic) reinvent themselves, they come back with a different look, a different vibe, a different sound, and Madonna is definitely one of those people.
(Naomi Campbell on her style icons Madonna and Lady Gaga / February 24, 2010)

58. It's just amazing to watch her through all these decades - she just keeps coming back. (Naomi Campbell about Madonna / February 24, 2010)


59. (She's) definitely a big style icon for everyone, and it's made everyone go a bit more edgy with their fashion. I think Lady Gaga is extremely talented - she is a composer, a pianist, she's an opera singer and she does classical music too. I think we haven't even seen her talent yet. (Naomi Campbell about Lady Gaga / February 24, 2010)




What do you think of Naomi Campbell's quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts