Helen Mirren's Pink Hair At The BAFTA Awards: What Was The Inspiration ?

Helen Mirren, 67, turned heads when she debuted her new pink hair on the red carpet at the BAFTA Awards in London on Sunday night. Mirren revealed that behind the inspiration of her new look was a contestant on the reality show "America's Next Top Model."


"I just thought it would be fun to dye my hair pink. I mean, honestly, I was watching "America's Next Top Model" and the season where there were the British girls. Well, the British girl who won, she had pink hair, and I thought: "That looks really pretty." So I'm copying her, basically," Mirren was quoted as saying.



Needless to say that no one was more surprised than Tyra Banks when Mirren stated that her new look was inspired by a contestant on the reality show "America"s Next Top Model."




 


"We love Ms. Mirren," Tyra revealed to The Huffington Post. "Her smize (a word Tyra invented that means smiling with your eyes) and her America's Next Top Model hair is to die for!"


Also Sophie Sumner, the "Top Model" contestant who inspired the new look, was shocked to hear that Mirren was inspired by her



"I had no idea. Wow, that is extremely flattering. I don't think anyone has ever followed one of my haircuts. She is an extremely beautiful woman and I think pink looks absolutely gorgeous on her," Sumner claimed.



It has to be noted that other celebrities who have dyed their hair pink are: Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and Kelly Osbourne



What do you think of Helen Mirren's pink hair?




Feel free to comment and share thsi blog post if you find it interesting! 

Comments

Popular Posts