Jack Black Quotes

1. I don't have any real spirituality in my life - I'm kind of an atheist - but when music can take me to the highest heights, it's almost like a spiritual feeling. It fills that void for me.


2. You must never underestimate the power of the eyebrow.

3. If Beethoven and Bach hooked up with Mozart and made a band, they could be a distant runner up to The D.


4. There's nothing you can really do to prepare to rock. Do you prepare to eat a delicious meal? Are you hungry? Then you're gonna eat it.







5. I don't get hung up on weight.

6. When you think about rock at its origin, and you think of the Beatles and millions of kids screaming as loud as they can and running as fast as they can towards the Beatles, there's no one who is that kind of lightning rod, who commands that kind of power and has that kind of creative magma.


7. Back in the '70s, like one of my favorite movies ever was "The Bad News Bears", and that was a kids' movie, but I don't think of it that way. I think of it as just a great movie because Walter Matthau was so funny and so harsh with those kids.

8. I just remember the early days of Tenacious D. There was no talk or thought about doing a TV show or a movie.


9. I like being married. I'm at home with my wife and kids all the time now. I don't go out for wild nights.


10. I make a mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

11. I'd just like to be in films that I would like to see.


12. I played, like, a year of piano until I learned the "Pink Panther" theme. That was my goal. Once I was good enough, I quit. Now my music has to have some rock.


13. I think of myself as an entertainment arsenal. Like I have my acting bazooka and my music machete. And you don't know what I'm going to come at you with.


14. I'd rather be the king of kids, than the prince of fools.

15. I'm gonna drop fitty. I'm gonna drop fitty pounds. How many quarter-pounders with cheeses is that? I'm gonna drop 200 quarter-pounder with cheeses.

16. It's a tough transition really for theater actors to adjust to television or film, and all of these years later, I still have a tendency to play it too big.


17. I've had so many hot, cheesy, corny loves of music in my life. I had a very intense Billy Joel period. So once you've really Joeled it up - there's some good periods of Joel; it's not all hot cheese. But I can't judge anyone else for their cheese. I've deep-sea dived in the Gouda.

18. Let's face it, the great comedians now that are handicapped in the looks department are tremendous writers.

19. My children are magical creatures and I love them to death.

20. Push-ups, sit-ups, and a strict diet of raisins. That's my plan.


21. My parents were very supportive of me and my artistic endeavours. My father and mother came to every school play I ever did.

22. The movie "This Is Spinal Tap" rocked my world. It's for rock what "The Sound of Music" was for hills. They really nailed how dumb rock can be.

23. There's something about a divorce in that even if your parents still love you, the fact that they can't live with each other makes you feel there's something wrong with you.


24. The real challenge is if you don't look super sexy, like a Brad Pitt, you're going to have to try harder. You're going to have to make up for it in other ways.

25. We're in the dark ages if J-Lo can have a music career because of her ass. And let's face it, that's it.

26. When it's a bad movie you want to release it quietly. You try to keep it a secret like an STD.

27. With the acting, it's somebody else's brainchild, and I'm just sort of helping flesh it out. There's a special satisfaction to being the brains behind the operation.

28. You have to mind your Ps and Qs a little bit.


29. (talking about his experiences early on in his career) It wasn't about control. It was about the co-lla-bo. There's great directors who treat actors like cattle, but I hated it, and I knew if I ever had a choice, I didn't want to work with those guys. Who said that thing about actors and cattle? Hitchcock (Alfred Hitchcock)? Yeah, I don't want to work with that dude.

30. I should take down someone who is strong, so Steven Seagal would be perfect - with his ridiculous Indian gear, ponytail and swagger. He's the best fighter in the world in his own mind, so I'll take him down two notches with my Anaconda Squeeze and Face Melter.

31. I'm no Matt Damon, my goal was to be a character actor. I never thought I would get leads the way that I've been able to in the past two years.


32. (on filming the love scene in "Shallow Hal" 2001) It was just strictly professional. It was like a doctor or a carpenter plying his trade. I received no pleasure whatsoever… I requested 32 takes for the perfection of the craft.





33. Never for a second did I think of myself as the sexiest guy in the world. When I was a kid, I thought I was the strongest man in the world. Then, the fastest runner and then the smartest person in the world. One by one my delusions got shut down. Now I just see myself as the lamest guy in the world.


34. (of his role in "Margot at the Wedding" 2007) I had to show some darker sides of myself than I have in roles past. It was challenging. I was most worried about the crying scenes and the nudity. But I sucked it up and went to those places because I just had to look over at Jennifer (Jason Leigh) who was so fearless in her performance.


35. I was a little worried about working with kids. I wanted to make sure we didn't approach it tip-toeing around the stuff that would normally be funny, or make it gentle, rock-a-bye-baby bullshit.

36. I'm hungry for rock 24/7.


37. (on his part and his tights in "Nacho Libre" 2006) At first I would have rather been naked to tell you the truth, because I just look so goddamm ridiculous. But then I thought: "Wait, that's my job. The stretchy pants are my friends. I love the stretchy pants!" It just took a little mental adjustment, because I know that when I'm embarrassed and scared about acting, that means I'm going to get some good life-nugget knowledge out of it. And I love the knowledge nuggets.


38. (about Shallow Hal 2001) I wasn't proud of it, and I got paid a lot of money, so in retrospect it feels like a sell-out.


39. (on co- starring with Gwyneth Paltrow for the first time in "Shallow Hal" 2001) You know, I was a little afraid that she would fall head-over-heels in love with me, like she did (when co-starring) with Brad Pitt in "Se7en" (1995).


40. A little humor goes a long way. Johnny Carson said it's the number one aphrodisiac, so I must be very sexy.






41. I think it's all down to the fact that I am perceived as gettable, whereas with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt, there's no prayer. The girls have no chance with those guys but me…maybe it's because they think I would be a fun date.


42. The moment you start analyzing your own rock is the moment your rock is dead. That's why rock is now pretty much dead. Too much analyzation. No rockalyzation!




43. You're asking me to choose between two children, the one that pays more and the one that I secretly love more. With the acting, it's somebody else's brainchild, and I'm just sort of helping flesh it out; with the music, there's a special satisfaction to being the brains behind the operation.


44. It was really difficult to get any golf matches because everybody was already booked up.

45. Does spandex come in a size? I am probably an XL, but I went with a medium just to really suction-cup it all together.

46. (prior to hosting the 2006 MTV Music Video Awards) Prepare yourself for a rip-snortin' humdinger.


47. I had a bit of a lost weekend while we were doing King Kong. Overall I'm very responsible on set. I'm not one of those dudes who come drunk to the set.


48. Don't be celebrities, because then you go cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. You don't want that, do you?


49. I draw my inspiration from deep within the mind of the super freak.




50. In my research I noticed almost all Mexican wrestlers are hairless, including their arm pits. So I waxed my body, except my armpits. I probably should have waxed those too.

51. Are you ready to have your mind blown apart by the most awesome show in the universe.... Tonight is your night to rage against the machine.


52. You know how some babies are born addicted to drugs? Well, I was born addicted to attention.


53. If my boobs were on a girl, guys would be going mad for them I can enjoy them anytime I want!


54. (on the birth of their second child, Jack jnr.) I have a new one. It's eating every three hours.



What do you think of Jack Black's quotes?




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts