Kim Cattrall Plastic Surgery

We all know that in Hollywood the pressure is too high for celebrities to remain forever young. On the other hand, there are few of them who swear that they will never go under the plastic surgeon's knife. The reason? Well, these celebrities have completely come to terms with their flaws and love being natural.   


When it comes to "Sex And The City" star Kim Cattrall, 56,  plastic surgery procedures are out of the question.

In fact, Kim Cattrall is well known for her very negative stance towards any type of plastic surgery.





Cattrall claimed she admires actresses like Judi Dench, 78, Annette Bening, 54, and Helen Mirren, 67, who have a successful career without feeling the need to undergo plastic surgery.

"I look at people like Judi Dench, who's in her 70s, and I think: "What the hell am I frightened of?," Cattrall stated.


"In my life and career I want to embrace ageing because I think that's what's interesting. I think a forehead without any lines doesn't tell me they've lived a life, " Cattrall explained.

On the other hand, Cattrall admitted to using botox on her forehead, but is too scared to have plastic surgery, saying in 2008: "I don't want to look in the mirror and not recognize who's looking back."

In Hollywood though directors and producers offer roles for young women. Cattrall was quoted as saying: "You have to be desirable. And that's why so many woman of my age or even younger are pushed to botox and plastic surgery, all the things that people say: "Why do women do this?'Where do you go in your 50s in your career?"


Cattrall claimed she has resisted having plastic surgery to fight the hands of time but doesn't criticize those who seek plastic surgery help.

"I think it's every woman's choice, not just every actor's. And I have no judgement about it. It's your body, your life. Do what you want to do," Cattrall stated.


Judging by photos that circulate widely on the web, you can notice that Cattrall shows signs of sagging jowls. In spite of that, Kim still isn't "ready" for plastic surgery.




"I don't think "not for me", I just don't know yet," Cattrall admitted. "I don't think I'm ready for it."


"I think the greatest fear is that you look in the mirror and you don't see you. I like to look in the mirror and think I look good. I try and take care of myself, but I don't ever want to get to the point where I don't see myself, that would be really scary," Cattrall was quoted as saying.




Cattrall honestly admits that if she doesn't succumb to the plastic surgeon's knife, she sees no future for herself in Hollywood because they simply don't respect or have roles for many women over 50.


"I am not interested in being a Barbie Doll and turning myself into a sausage in the next twenty years," Cattrall claimed. "I want to go the road of actresses like Helen Mirren and Judi Dench who have lines on their face and aren't afraid of playing their age."





"There aren't enough roles for women over 50," Cattrall told PopEater. "Directors here aren't interested in us. We have to go out there and make them for ourselves which is what I did with "Monica Velour.""


In an interview with The Times, Kim Cattrall was quoted as saying:"Why would anyone lower themselves to look like an alien? I'm scared of surgery because I don't want to look in the mirror and not recognize who's looking back. I don't want to be in a room, and to have people turn when I leave and say: "What happened?" I'm 51 and I think I look my age, but I don't want to be 20 any more or even 30 or 40".

It has to be mentioned that Kim Cattrall talking about her botox injections, she almost hinted that she has dabbled in other plastic surgery treatments, but did not clarify what they were. If one were to estimate what plastic surgery treatments Cattrall may have had, this would likely include a chemical peel or laser skin resurfacing to maintain her youthful skin.  The truth is that Cattrall doesn't seem to have had any invasive plastic surgery like a facelift, neck lift or blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery).


"I'm too terrified to get any proper work so I've had just little things done. I have a big crease between my eyebrows and I use botox to get rid of that, but that's kind of it," Cattrall stated.






"I don't look at magazines for my definition of what is beautiful. Is that a heavily retouched 18-year-old or a 40-year-old on the cover? I don't think so - nobody looks like that. I look at people such as Helen Mirren or Judi Dench, these amazing women who look great, but look their age," Cattrall continued.


"I had a great time in my youth and I still feel youthful. But I've no desire to look as though I'm in my 20s," Cattrall revealed to the Daily Express.





"I don't think I'd try plastic surgery. I'd be too frightened I'd end up not looking like myself. I don't want to look in the mirror and see The Joker from Batman staring back at me!" Cattrall added.



What do you think? Did Kim Cattrall have plastic surgery?


Photo credit: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM, Big Pictures, Splash
 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting! 

Comments

Popular Posts