Noel Gallagher Quotes

1. (on the Backstreet Boys) They should be shot.




2. (on recording a solo album) I'll do one eventually as life's too short and none of us is getting any younger. I'd like to make one while I still look good and before I look like Phil Collins, which, eventually, I will.

3. The scumbags are taking over the streets. I don't know what David Cameron and Gordon Brown are going to do about it. It all goes back to the Thatcher (Margaret Thatcher) years. It sounds like a cliché but that's when the rot set in.


4. I was playing guitar before I heard The Beatles, but as I got older and listened to their tunes I realized they were amazing. They inspire me more now than they did when I was a kid and are still the greatest.

5. I'm a great songwriter, but I'm not the most talented musician.

6. Sure I love Liam, but not as much as I love pot noodle.

7. Just because you sell lots of records it doesn't mean to say you're any good. Look at Phil Collins.


8. Phil Collins sold five times as many records as I did. Does that make him nearly as influential as I am? Nope.

9. There was a big hole in my life after the Jam split up and then came the Smiths. They were just so different from anything else. And they had great songs!

10. I envy drummers. It must be the ultimate to sing and play drums at the same time. Phil Collins, no wonder he's so f... happy.


11. I'm going to get drunk and insult as many musicians from the 80's as is humanly possible.


12. A lot of things are said in dressing rooms at 4 o'clock in the morning when you're drunk. We're talking about doing some stuff with them, but I don't know that anything will come of that.

13. Don't lay a finger on me eyebrows or I'll sue you f...


14. I had already cleaned up my act two years ago now, before my wife was even pregnant. But I suppose that having a baby daughter gives me a reason now to stay off drugs. Everything's going right. So I mean - touch wood - we'll get to the end of this, and that will be the last you'll see of us, and everything will be cool.


15. All i would like to say is that I'm rich and you're not.

16. I don't get the Britney (Britney Spears) thing. I certainly don't get the *NSYNC, the Robbie Williams or the Gorillaz thing. There's a lot of things I don't get.


17. Liam only has two problems. Everything he f... says and everything he f... does.


18. I'm not like John Lennon, who thought he was the great Almighty. I just think I'm John Lennon.

19. If there were gold medals for taking drugs for England I would have won a shitload.

20. Kylie Minogue is a demonic little idiot as far as I'm concerned. She gets cool dance producers to work with her for some bizarre reason, I don't know why. She doesn't even have a good name. It's a stupid name, Kylie, I just don't get it.


21. There's going to be lots and lots of paperwork. What's important to us is that we offer to help and do what we can.

22. When we started off, we wanted the girls, the cocaine, the fur coats. It wasn't like it was an act; it was almost like working-class people winning the pools. We went bananas.

23. I'm equal part genius, equal part buffoon.

24. Americans are crazy. They have this fascination with throwing their shoes on stage. I've been to a lot of shows in me life, some good and some bad. But I was never moved to take off me shoes and throw it at the lead singer.


25. Now we all drink Pepsi.



26. It was a change to not get the token live act award for being able to play the guitar. Best album - nice one.

27. I'm embarrassed when I see Brits abroad; they have their tops off, wear flip flops, and shout at the top of their voices.


28. Liam is a songwriting genius. His songs make me cry 'cause they are better than mine.


29. We're not arrogant, we just believe we're the best band in the world.

30. All I ever wanted to do was make a record. Here's what you do: you pick up your guitar, you rip a few people's tunes off, you swap them round a bit, get your brother in the band, punch his head in every now and again, and it sells. I'm a lucky bastard. I'm probably the single most lucky man in the world - apart from our Liam.


31. I'm a happy-go-lucky character. I'm not that miserable. But I can never let anyone into my world.

32. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my Mum. I know I've got Irish blood because I wake up everyday with a hangover.

33. The thing about us is we're honest. If we're asked whether we take drugs, we say yes. I was brought up by my mom not to be a liar.


34. I f... despise hip hop. Loathe it. Eminem is a f... idiot and I find 50 Cent the most distasteful character I have ever crossed in my life. It's so negative. Eminem's new song about his kid - isn't it the most ridiculous piece of music you have ever heard in your life? I just don't like the dragging women around on dog leads and all that stuff. I'm not f... having that. I'm not saying they're directly responsible but that's how you end up with these f... gangs of youths with hoods stabbing people. I'm not saying they need to sit around listening to "All You Need is Love". But kids are so f... thick these days that they are very easily influenced, aren't they?

35. I'm not sure about this Live 8 thing. Correct me if I am wrong, but are they hoping that one of these guys from the G8 is on a quick 15-minute break at Gleneagles and sees Annie Lennox singing "Sweet Dreams" and thinks: "F... me, she might have a point there, you know." It's not going to f... happen, is it? Keane doing "Somewhere Only We Know" and some Japanese businessman going: "Aw, look at him…we should really f... drop that debt, you know." It's not going to happen, is it?

36. We were able to provide housing to all who need it. We've had incredibly generous offers from alumni for housing.

37. We're talking about doing some stuff with them, but I don't know that anything will come of that…They are more than welcome in my studio, and there's a chance I might be doing some songs. I hope it does (happen) - it will be great.

38. The boy bands of the day such as Spandau Ballet and Duran Duran could all play their instruments. It's so far removed from the bands of today like Westlife and Boyzone, who are utter shit. I am not a fan of Duran Duran or Spandau Ballet, but now there is pop music and alternative music and there is nothing in between the two.


39. It's "Let There Be Love," which is another one that wasn't gonna go on the album.


40. I've always been into guitars…we want to put keyboards on, but keyboard players don't look cool onstage, they just keep their heads down. There has never been a cool keyboard player, apart from Elton John.

41. Oh is it? Is that what he said? For six months, I thought the song was "Guess God Thinks I'm A-b-l-e". I'm very f... confused as to what it means, but if he's writing songs about me then great. It's f... better than writing songs about the missus.


42. With every song that I write, I compare it to the Beatles. The thing is, they only got there before me. If I'd been born at the same time as John Lennon, I'd have been up there.





43. If I were in the Beatles, I'd be a good George Harrison.


What  do you think of Noel Gallagher's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts