Pink: "I'm A Reformed Slut"

In a new interview with Glamour magazine, Pink explains why she chose to include tunes like "Slut Like You" and "Walk of Shame" on her most recent album, 2012's "The Truth About Love."


"Oh, yeah. I'm a reformed slut," Pink states in the magazine's June issue, explaining: "It's my very unsophisticated way of taking the power back. I've always had an issue with (the idea that) "OK, we've both decided to do this. Why am I a slut and you're the player? You didn't get anything from me that I didn't get from you.""


Pink reveals she once was the object of a certain boy bander's affection back when she opened for *NSYNC during the group's summer 2000 concert tour. "Joey Fatone was in love with me," Pink is quoted as saying. "He took me to Friendly's on a date, and he bought me an ice cream. Such a sweetheart. He asked my dad's permission."



These days, Pink is married with Motocross racer Carey Hart and has a
2-year-old daughter, Willow. When asked if it's tough to accept that things are eventually "good" between her and Hart, considering the pair has been through many splits, including a marital separation, she points out that they still argue and that commitment is not easy.

"Are things ever good? I don't believe that exists," Pink responds. "Long-term relationships are an everyday choice. It's harder to be in a marriage than it is to bounce from one relationship to the next. We're good because we communicate and we've grown up together, not because we don't fight."




Pink also mentions how motherhood has changed her. "Somebody asked Carey how I've changed since I had Willow, and he said my claws have sharpened. They got longer too," Pink explains, sharing a story about how little Willow once fell and wound up with concussion, which, in turn, nearly gave her mother a heart attack.


"Welcome to parenthood. I thought, I can't handle this, I'm fitting her for a bubble," she states. "Every time she bounces on the bed, I see stitches. Being a parent is a Jedi mind f**k. It's also the raddest thing ever."


Pink honestly admits she is trying hard with the cursing, but she has a way to go. "Willow said: "F**kin' hi," the other day. I'm like: "F**k!""

The June issue of Glamour hits newsstands on Tuesday, May 7.



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts