Priscilla Presley Quotes

1. I was always the bad guy no matter what. I mean, even when Elvis was married, you know, it was - it was a lot of fanfare about that, also.


2. Inner beauty should be the most important part of improving one's self.

3. I have a terrible time giving interviews, it's so much more a sensitive issue for me because I am so protective of Lisa Marie and of her father


4. As a person, he was wonderful. He really was a great person. He was full of life. He had a great sense of humor. Very talented, of course, but very caring to his parents. There was a very endearing quality about Elvis.




5. (her reaction to Suzanne Finstad's 1996 biography of her, "Child Bride") Talk about 5 minutes (of fame)! There are people in that book I've never even heard of. That woman made me out to be some kind of prostitute. I dated. But that was just my life...


6. Absolutely. I - you know, he was so that much a part of my life that, you know, Elvis, you know, once - once you bonded with him, I mean, there was no - there was no going back. He was just a great guy.




7. And when Elvis was unhappy, believe me, everyone was unhappy.

8. (on marrying Elvis Presley) I was so young and naive at the time, there was just no way I could have made a success of that marriage. I realized I couldn't give him the kind of adulation he got from his fans, and he needed that adulation desperately. Without it he was nothing.


9. I'm more upset about the pictures. I took pictures all the time and had left many photos in a drawer in our bedroom when I moved out. Some I had cut in half, torn, and thrown in the trash. They're on the market now. You can see where someone put them back together. They were stolen and sold.

10. (on her relationships after divorcing Elvis) I realized how difficult it was dating someone with my history, so I tried to put myself in the men's shoes. Being with the most gorgeous man ever and not just gorgeous but a good human being too, I realized this could be difficult, so I never threw it in their faces.



11. He would use amphetamines to stay awake because he would have late night maneuvers that would go way into the early morning hours and he was given pills to stay up for the long hours.


12. At times he could be very critical. He didn't like prints on me. He didn't like stripes. He didn't like boldness. He said I was petite and that was taking away from my looks.





13. I did, but I'm not real fond of giving interviews.

14. Elvis was absolutely the love of my life, and there's no sadness about it because I have my memories, and they're delicious and they're all mine.


15. I don't feel like a grandmother. I don't.

16. It was emotionally difficult. It was a big step for both of us. We cared for each other. But just two different lifestyles.

17. I just look at it, as it's something that I had to do. I had this vision that really, Graceland is suited for a king and it is his castle. And people really should see it, as he loved it.

18. I don't want to be someone's entertainment.


19. I don't think I'll ever find anyone I'll love as much as I loved Elvis. It's pointless trying to compare him to anyone. Yes, some men I've been with have mattered to me, but Elvis was my first love, he'll be my last.

20. No, he had been in the hospital in and out for years. In fact, he would check into a hospital just to get away and rest.

21. I like the creative aspect of developing a project.

22. I lived a really wonderful life with this man and even after our divorce, it was incredible.


23. I lived somebody else's life. It was never about me, it was really about him on every level.




24. I mean, I had probably an illusion of being the wife that, you know, I wanted to create a home. I wanted to have children. I wanted him to be a husband. It was never going to be that way. It couldn't be that way.

25. It's not that, you know, when a relationship doesn't work and there are issues, you have to somehow work it out if there are children involved.


26. It was more that his career was going down again and he was tired of the songs. He was tired of the routine. And there was a point where he just kind of gave up. He couldn't face being 40. And he resorted to stimulants. There's a dark side there, a really dark side.

27. No one has really heard my side of the story, the adventure we had together, the transformation that I had going from a schoolgirl to a woman overnight.


28. When one of Lisa's baby teeth fell out here, the tooth fairy left her 50 cents. Another tooth fell out when she was with her father in Las Vegas, and that tooth fairy left her $5. When I told Elvis that 50 cents would be more in line, he laughed. He knew I was not criticizing him; how would Elvis Presley know the going rate for a tooth


29. She would go to Memphis and this was after our divorce. And I would send her to Memphis to be with him.

30. There is a shyness about me, and I really need to get out more.


31. I'm a very shy person. My daughter and I don't do a lot of interviews, but we felt there was a whole new generation of people who were discovering Elvis and his music. There are many books and stories that have been written about him, but there are still so many questions that needed to be answered, so we figured it was time to tell our story. We are sharing some very intimate and personal things, but I really wanted to show the definitive Elvis, warts and all.

32. Yes, the divorce was difficult. It was difficult.

33. Elvis brought out this mothering quality. I cut his meat up for him. I tasted it before he ever had it. I would fix his devilled eggs, cut off the top, put his butter in, prepare all his food as a mother would for a child.

34. He loved children. And he definitely spoiled her and he left the discipline to me. 


35. There's been a big void out there, in terms of where I've been and what I am currently working on, I'd like to fill that void now and share my exciting plans for the future.



36. There were the phone calls and Elvis had asked me to visit him in Los Angeles. This was in 1962.

37. You have so much to share, you have so much to tell, you have so much you want to expose, so much that's inside that you've learned from that life period. There are really very few people I can share that with.


38. You have to remember that when I met Elvis, you know, it wasn't the fanfare that it is today or even when he was here in the states and I was in Germany growing up.



39. You know, I had my mother and my father convincing me that he would be going back to Hollywood and he'd be back with the actresses and dating them and that he wasn't serious about me at all. So I had him saying one thing to me and my parents telling me something else.


40. My mom is 79, my dad is 80. I felt they had so much to add, and we didn't want them to pass on and feel we let the opportunity go. We knew from the very beginning that this was going to be difficult. 


41. You know, Lisa, for the longest time, did not sing.


42. You know, you know, obviously, if my daughter's happy, you know, then I don't have any problem.







What do you think of Priscilla Presley's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts