Reese Witherspoon's Apology: "I Had One Drink Too Many"

Reese Witherspoon is now apologizing after being busted in Atlanta on Friday for disorderly conduct.

Witherspoon, 37, was placed in handcuffs after allegedly disobeying police orders following her husband Jim Toth's arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence.


Witherspoon was told to remain in the car as her husband failed a Breathalyzer, but Reese got out of the vehicle and reportedly shouted: "Do you know my name?" and "You're about to find out who I am."

Now Witherspoon is sorry and embarrassed by her behavior.


Witherspoon was quoted as saying: "Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say, I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said."

"It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I'm very sorry for my behavior," Witherspoon added.

What do you think of Witherspoon's apology?




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts