Zooey Deschanel Quotes

1. Love is individual to each person and I don't think you can define it before experiencing it because it isn't going to be the same for everybody.


2. It's an addiction. I love clothes. I like to go down Melrose and look in all the windows and I go to different flea markets. I have lots of costumes. You never know when you're going to have to dress up like a milkmaid from the 1600s.


3. I don't really like to go out very much. I'm not scandalous. I'm not, like, in this to be famous. I also find it so embarrassing when you read about people and it's like they were so trashed at Skybar and stumbling around. I don't want to be that person. That's just so embarrassing to have that written about you.

4. No, I've been singing forever. I started out doing musicals. I think that was part of the reason why they gave me the part, because I sang.



5. It's such an amazing feeling to look out and see all these people singing along to my melodies. Now that I've experienced what it's like to stand up there, I just can't imagine wanting to do anything else.


6. I can't even remember the first time I started singing.


7. I love old music, old movies, screwball comedies, vintage clothes and basically I'm an old-fashioned gal.

8. It's so hard. And can I say something? I thought she did a really good job. Everyone reads off cue cards. There were some people saying "She read off cue cards!" Everyone - the cast members, the host - everyone reads off cue cards. That's how it's done, because they change the script right before, so you have to read off cue cards.


9. I'm more of a classic thriller/Hitchcock kind of gal myself. I don't watch a lot of new horror films, but I like "The Ring". I haven't seen a horror movie since that. I'm not a genre-oriented person, I'm not like "Oh I'm into this genre or that genre". I like anything as long as it's well made and the acting's good and has an interesting thing it's saying, then I'm interested.

10. I can do the Chipmunk voice and impressions of Judy Garland, Debbie Reynolds and Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music (1965). I could probably do the whole Von Trapp family.


11. Every actor is known for being good at certain types of role. I think maybe for a little while, it was OK. I didn't necessarily want to do that all the time; it gets a little bit boring. There are other things I can do well but I feel like Ive been very lucky to have been able to play all the different roles that I have.


12. I was labeled a "theatre type" in high school, which made it hard to fit in and feel part of things.





13. I don't want to go to another rollercoaster ride of a movie. If I want that, I'll go to "Magic Mountain". I'm really interested in the young directors that are doing different things in cinema. I think the movies people will hold onto are the "Rushmore" (1998)s and the "Being John Malkovich" (1999)s. Those are the kind of films I want to do; that's what I'm passionate about.


14. It's nice that there are movies and songs about romance - it's what motivates us as human beings. I'm all for being brainwashed by rom-coms.



15. MYSTERY SOLVED: now we know who the "half a man" is in "Two and a Half Men."...HINT: it's not the kid!!!!


16. One time I was actually at the Grammys and a girl came up to me and asked for my autograph. And then she was like…"What??" I was like: "Oh, I know who you're looking for. She's over there."


17. I think the people who become the most famous aren't necessarily these genetic products of the weird American beauty ideal. I mean, all those Playboy bunny types. They're not filling seats in the theater.


18. People say: "Oh yeah, jobs for the boys". I wish. You've got to fight even harder with a family like mine.





19. I'm blessed with a lot of energy and stamina. I can't stand sitting still. I went to a spa once with my mom and I was like: "Get me out of here!"

20. I always choose roles that are, you know, hopefully different from the last role. I don't wanna do the same thing over and over again because that's, well, first of all that's no fun.


21. I don't know about royalty. Maybe aristocracy. But I do love LA. There are certain aspects that are cheesy. You know, plastic surgery, fake blondes. But they're easily avoidable.

22. I just adore Los Angeles. New York has great restaurants and it's fun to walk around there, but I'm from Los Angeles and all of my friends are here, it's such a beautiful place.


23. I don't think I'm very much like anyone else, really. I'm sure there are aspects of other actors that I share, but I don't see anybody else and go: "Damn, they stole my thing". I'm me, and I like that there are people who have an appreciation for that.

24. My music taste is mostly stuff before 1975. I just find that, part of my attraction to it is I like a lot of old films, I like a lot old music, and a lot of it has to do with the fact that I like the idea of knowing what happens before, so that I can understand it. I feel like I can't fully understand what's happening now until I really understand what's happened before. But you do get sort of bogged down a little bit when you're trying to study so many years' worth of music. It can be a little bit overwhelming.


25. I don't want to be a babe. I don't want vanity to ever get in the way, because I think to maintain that, you have to be aware of yourself all the time, and that gets in the way of acting. My job's not to be the beautiful person. My job is to be the best actor I can be.

26. I'm not going to use a singing take that I don't like but when you're acting you're totally at the mercy of someone else. They can cut you together to make your timing totally different. They can cut two takes and manipulate you, which is an incredible thing in many ways because they can make you look better, or they can make you look worse. In the end, I do not have control over what's on screen which is very terrifying.


27. The first album I ever got was "Like a Virgin". It was during the Iran Contra conflict-I thought she was saying, "Like a Persian".




28. You have to keep reminding yourself it's not about money, because there is a lot of money to be made in this business if you're willing to do whatever. But that's not what I'm thinking about. I continue only to take movies because I love the script and because I really want to do it.


29. I don't have control over what's on screen, and that's terrifying.



30. I gravitate towards happy music. I love the Beach Boys.

31. I like singing as much as I like acting, and all through high school I thought I might be a Broadway singer.


32. I just sort of follow my bliss, so to speak, and then I see where that takes me.



33. I started out doing musicals.

34. I love downtown L.A .and I relish any opportunity to spend time there.


35. I think I'm a fun flatmate. I'm always cheerful. I go on tour with my band so it's 12 people on one bus and I feel like I'm the one who's happy in the morning. I'm not a chaotic person, but I might slack off on doing the dishes from time to time.

36. You can't expect to make no effort. You still have to make the effort and be kind and understanding.


37. I grew up believing my sister was from the planet Neptune and had been sent down to Earth to kill me.

38. For me, writing is 75 percent procrastinating and 25 percent actually sitting down and working.

39. I'm always trying to do stuff I haven't done before or challenge myself so I'm not resting on my laurels all of the time because if I just found my little niche and never left it, I'd be pretty boring, I think.


40. I think my knowledge of music theory is rooted in jazz theory, and a lot of the writers of standards - Rodgers and Hart, and Gershwin.


41. I'm the worst at picking what movies are going to do well. I have no idea. I'm really surprised if a movie I like does well.

42. If I'm trying to please every craze fan, then I can't. Of course, we all want to please the fans.


43. I don't know what my greatest fear is. It's hard to say. I mean there's a lot of things out there that you say: "Oh God that'd be awful!" And somebody says that or something else. I'd have to agree that'd be awful. I don't think I have a greatest fear per se. There are definitely certain things that could create anxiety in me, if you wanted to. If you just felt like making me anxious, you could say all kinds of different things. What would make most people anxious? No, I try to not be too anxious because then you destroy the life that you have.

44. It's a lot harder to do an ensemble because your energy is going in so many different places, and you have to cover everybody. You have to sort of split your attention.

45. I'm into sincerity in music and sincerity in art. If it doesn't feel true, I don't want to do it. Things that are too dramatic scare me. I think that's why I don't always fit into the world of performing arts.


46. I'm writing a script with a friend. We'll write for a while and then procrastinate for long periods of time, play chess, play pool, have some coffee.



47. I think it's better to have your personal life and your work life separate. That way they don't corrupt each other, so to speak.


48. It seems like New York's a really Christmasy place. People walk down the street and they act like they don't care but I think deep down inside, New Yorkers really care about Christmas. New York is way more Christmasy than LA. LA is like it's not cold, there's no gigantic Christmas tree, and no one is ice-skating. You have to drive to an indoor rink to go ice-skating.

49. I wasn't really the most charming person, socially - it took me a long time to develop my people skills - but the one place I was always comfortable was onstage, acting or singing.

50. Always the aim for me is making people feel like they are not alone. That's just the greatest feeling.


51. As an actor you want time at home, what amounts to half a year of working and half a year at home.





52. Certain aspects of my personality are always going to come out on-screen. I guess that's just me - if they say I'm quirky, I'm quirky. It's better than being boring.


What do you think of Zooey Deschanel's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts