Joe Biden Jewish ?

Just in case you wonder if Joe Biden is Jewish, the truth is that Biden, 70, is not Jewish, but Roman Catholic.  


"My religion defines who I am. And I've been a practicing Catholic my whole life. And it has particularly informed my social doctrine. Catholic social doctrine talks about taking care of those who - who can't take care of themselves, people who need help," Biden was quoted as saying.


"With regard to abortion, I accept my church's position on abortion as a - what we call de fide doctrine. Life begins at conception. That's the Church's judgment. I accept it in my personal life," Biden revealed.

"But I refuse to impose it on equally devout Christians and Muslims and Jews and - I just refuse to impose that on others, unlike my friend here, the congressman," Biden claimed.


"I do not believe that we have a right to tell other people that women, they can't control their body. It's a decision between them and their doctor, in my view. And the Supreme Court - I'm not going to interfere with that," Biden explained.

It has to be noted though that Joe Biden has long, deep ties to the Jewish community and that's the reason Obama picked him in 2008 in part to reassure skittish Jewish Democrats.

On May 2013, Joe Biden spoke in honor of Jewish American Heritage Month


"The Jewish people have contributed greatly to America. No group has had such an outsized influence per capita as all of you standing before you, and all of those who went before me and all of those who went before you… You make up 11 percent of the seats in the United States Congress. You make up one-third of all Nobel laureates…I think you, as usual, underestimate the impact of Jewish heritage. I really mean that. I think you vastly underestimate the impact you’ve had on the development of this nation," Biden stated.

"The embrace of immigration" is part of that, as is the involvement of Jews in social justice movements. You can't talk about the civil rights movement in this country without talking about Jewish freedom riders and Jack Greenberg," Biden claimed, telling a story about seeing a group of Jewish activists at a segregated movie theater in Delaware. "You can't talk about the women's movement without talking about Betty Friedan," Biden revealed. 

"I believe what affects the movements in America, what affects our attitudes in America are as much the culture and the arts as anything else. That's why he spoke out on gay marriage "apparently a little ahead of time," Biden continued.

"It wasn't anything we legislatively did. It was "Will and Grace," it was the social media. Literally. That's what changed peoples' attitudes. That's why I was so certain that the vast majority of people would embrace and rapidly embrace" gay marriage", Biden explained.




"Think behind of all that, I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it's in Hollywood or social media are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry. The influence is immense, the influence is immense. And, I might add, it is all to the good," Biden concluded.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts