Melanie Griffith Quotes

1. Ricky Martin, I ran into him in a restaurant in Paris. He sent a note over, very politely, and said: "Could I come over and sing a song on this album?"


2. Oh, my career. What career? I'm over 40.


3. You should try and follow your dreams.


4. There's a bit of a stripper in every woman.

5. (on being typed as a sex symbol) I hope not! I don't want to be - I've done enough parts like that. I can't say I won't do more, but I really want to do a variety of roles.

6. My husband knew what was going on. I was addicted. I tried to stop taking them and I started to get the shakes and fever, the sweating and all that kind of stuff.


7. (about her work with James Woods) It's kind of like being pregnant. You know, you go through the initial joy of it. Then you go through wanting it to be over. And then you're finished with it and you forget how bad it was.

8. I did an eight-day program. They give you other medication that is not addicting, but it can take you down, because some people can have a heart attack.


9. Nabokov is required reading in high school and college. It's unbelievable that there would be such a backlash against this movie.


10. A lot of things happen that are not very nice.

11. There are so many examples of actresses who have kept on working and finding things to do.

12. There are no small parts; there are only small actors.


13. There's 12 million people that live in Calcutta. And there's 6 million that are homeless.







14. People who think radio acting is easy are wrong, because you got nothing to work with but your voice.

15. They're not journalists, they're leeches; they're parasites. They never write anything that is true. I guess they enjoy hurting other people. Don't they think about people's children?


16. I do enjoy a glass of red wine every now and then, but I can't any more because now my son's in the program. He's 17.





17. This year, for the first time, I have one child at school with Don in San Francisco, while my son is at boarding school. At home, all I have is Stella.

18. People are not used to seeing an older woman on screen, unless she's playing a character role. Why can't they make a movie about a woman who's forty-five who's falling in love or getting divorced? Why does the leading role always have to be a woman who's twenty-three or twenty-eight?


19. We have to change. It's not just Calcutta that needs to be changed.



20. I hope they find the DNA, the one that will fix alcoholism and drug addiction.



21. Antonio is the best. He is compassionate and humble.

22. I find it easier when I'm working because I have more on my plate and I can organize it better than when I'm just free. If I have no calendar, I tend to get much more messed up.


23. I'm more relaxed about life now that I'm older. I like it, despite the wrinkles. It's what I feel inside that's precious.



24. Children enhance you.

25. I married Antonio and we had Stella I didn't want to work.


26. Charlotte was one of those women who realized that Lolita, her daughter, looks like she used to look, and she, Charlotte, is no longer that.






27. There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her heart.

28. Angelina Jolie may get Antonio Banderas in bed for eight hours on a movie set, but I get him in bed everyday.


29. I sacrificed a lot in the name of a bad relationship. What kept me going were my kids.





30. When I was 34, people would say: "What's going to happen to you when you're 40? What are you going to do? You don't have much time left". And I was like, what are you talking about?


31. I started at fifteen, so they called me the Lolita of the '70s.






32. Charlotte would much rather have had Humbert Humbert to herself. But when she finds out that Humbert was using her to get close to her daughter, it's really sad.


33. I think many performers are sensitive.






34. You know who helped me a lot? Jane Fonda. She said: "Look at how many times I've been up and I've been down. So don't worry about anything".

35. I was 22. I had been very drunk and I was walking in the crosswalk, and the drunk driver hit me. God's been trying to tell me this the whole time to stop.


36. I don't think I'm beautiful. When I look in the mirror, I just see me - and, I'm pretty used to me.






37. I went to New York to study for a while. The backlash was hard. I didn't know that you have to be very careful. You learn over time.

38. Hasn't this been going on since Katharine Hepburn, and those women? Haven't they gotten older and everybody would still say: "Gee, they're still working". It's always been like that.


39. I will never go to lunch with a man ever again alone. It's an insane way to live. It's so stupid. I mean, who cares?

40. To break boundaries interests me. With all the knowledge that is available now in the world, it should be accessible to everyone. You can get so much information on the Internet now, and yet there are so many places in the world where people just don't have the education.

41. I wouldn't mind making some good movies. I don't know why you have to be 25 to star in a movie. Or 30.


42. I would just like to be able to give to people through acting. If I can entertain people by being somebody else and allow somebody to feel something, then that makes me feel good.

43. I've had some relationships in which the men have been rather abusive.


44. I like smoking! I mean, God, I quit everything else, can't I smoke?


45. If you are a sensitive person like me, you turn to something that makes you feel good. For me it was alcohol and cocaine.



46. He is an amazing friend, is Sting.

47. In the '80s I went into rehab. Then I tore my knee skiing and I was turned on to painkillers. And doctors give them out regularly.


48. I don't walk around with fear. I walk around with strength. I believe in cause and effect.

49. It was weird enough being offered the role at age 37, because I felt like: "Oh, my God, is this it? I'm now a matron?"


50. In Spain there's the king - and then there's Antonio.



51. It's good that I have my kids and they have to be somewhere always, because it keeps me organized.



52. I can't do it 40 times, because I won't have that much in me to give.

53. It's OK for us to have all these movies where people's heads are cut off, and then you can't see a movie based on classic literature?


54. If they could cut off my head and put it onto another body that was, like, 20 years old, I would do that.



55. My daughter, Dakota, looks exactly like I did at that age, except she's much more beautiful.



56. Most people are telling me I look horrible.


What do you think of Melanie Griffith's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts