Melissa Etheridge On Angelina Jolie's Double Mastectomy: "It's Not A Brave Choice, But The Most Fearful"

Melissa Etheridge is creating a buzz with comments about Angelina Jolie and her decision to have a preventative double mastectomy.


Talking with the Washington Blade, Etheridge, who survived breast cancer, went against the conventional wisdom when asked about Jolie's action.


"I have to say I feel a little differently," Etheridge was quoted as saying, explaining: "I have that gene mutation too and it's not something I would believe in for myself."




Etheridge, 52, continued: "I wouldn't call it the brave choice. I actually think it's the most fearful choice you can make when confronting anything with cancer."

Etheridge claimed: "My belief is that cancer comes from inside you and so much of it has to do with the environment of your body. It's the stress that will turn that gene on or not."


"Plenty of people have the gene mutation and everything but it never comes to cancer so I would say to anybody faced with that, that choice is way down the line on the spectrum of what you can do and to really consider the advancements we've made in things like nutrition and stress levels," Etheridge revealed.

Etheridge added: "I've been cancer free for nine years now and looking back, I completely understand why I got cancer. There was so much acidity in everything. I really encourage people to go a lot longer and further before coming to that conclusion."

What do you think about Etheridge's position?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!


Comments

Popular Posts