Miley Cyrus To Billboard: "It's So Irritating To Listen To My Old Music"

Miley Cyrus reveals to Billboard about her new transformation into "Miley 2.0" and everything she has sacrificed to make her upcoming album.


Cyrus, 20, explains that her new album has nothing to do with the music she recorded as a teen.

"Right now, when people go to iTunes and listen to my old music, it's so irritating to me because I can't just erase that stuff and start over," Cyrus was quoted as saying, adding: "My last record (2009's EDM-inflected Can't Be Tamed) I feel so disconnected from - I was 16 or 17 when I made it."


Miley claimed: "When you're in your 20s, you just don't really know that person anymore."







"I want to start as a new artist," Cyrus explained, stating: "I consider my upcoming album my first, really."

Of her controversial new single "We Can't Stop," Cyrus revealed: "I'm 20 years old and I want to talk to the people that are up all night with their friends. It's based on a true story of a crazy night I had: When I heard the song for the first time, it captured exactly what I was living."


Miley's new blend of musical styles has led many around her to misinterpret her intentions with the upcoming album.

"A lot of people wanted to try to make me the white Nicki Minaj," Cyrus said, adding: "That's not what I'm trying to do. I love "hood" music, but my talent is as a singer."


Perhaps most interesting is what Cyrus has to say about the sacrifices she's made for the new venture.

Miley noted: "I want my record to be the biggest record in the world, and I've given everything to get here, even down to friends and family and relationships - I've just put this music first."


"That's been kind of a trip: It's not like I'm losing who I am - I actually found out more about who I am by making this music. I'm going on a journey, and that's more than a lot of 20-year-olds can say," Cyrus continued, adding: "And I'm still going to change so much. Because I'm not the same person I was six months ago - I'm not even the same person I was two weeks ago."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts