Rue McClanahan Quotes

1. This is the damnedest election I've ever lived through, and Obama is the most amazing candidate I've ever bumped into. The man has unshakable integrity. He's the nearest thing to Lincoln we've seen.

2. They're still mixing Blanche with Madame Morrible.

3. Cruelty is one fashion statement we can all do without.

4. What I really want to do is the lead in a comedy on Broadway that's a non-musical. That's my goal. 


5. Compassion is the foundation of everything positive, everything good. If you carry the power of compassion to the marketplace and the dinner table, you can make your life really count.





6. I didn't know anything about breast cancer when I got it.

7. There are other things that stop osteoporosis - like plenty of exercise and weight lifting and having a healthy diet


8. I almost fainted. There was no family history. I had been eating a vegetarian diet and I exercised.





9. People always ask me if I'm like Blanche. And I say: "Well, Blanche was an oversexed, self-involved, man-crazy, vain Southern Belle from Atlanta - and I'm not from Atlanta!"

10. I've been allowed to develop my own character, which I'm still working on.


11. I take the longest to get ready of anyone. I've been going in two hours before the show every performance.

12. The reason I took Nunsense was because there was one scene in it where the Mother Superior is given some glue the girls have been sniffing in the basement. She doesn't know what it is, and she starts sniffing it to see what it smells like, and she gets high as a kite and very, very goofy.

13. Our show was - it remained - you know, kids could watch it and laugh at it. And they wouldn't know - they wouldn't get the jokes. But they would laugh at it. So they tell me now they have grown up and they're watching it. Now they get the jokes. But we didn't say anything blatant.


14. Actually, it took a while for people to realize that I was here - that I really wasn't still in LA. I mean, I've been in New York since '97!




15. The matinee audiences are different because they're mostly kids, a great percentage kids. So they respond to everything differently, but I understand what they do respond to.

16. The first clothing line I had was called "Very Rue". Then we changed the name and moved to "QVC", and the name became "A Touch of Rue".


17. (on her religion when asked about it) Yes, I am a Methodist. I have been affiliated with the Methodist church since I was a child and I must say that I simply love it! There are three things in this world that I love; animals, my Golden Girls and being a Methodist. I can't fathom being a member in any other religion than the Methodist church. It is so relaxed and welcoming and you can just be yourself while worshiping with no strings attached. I am very proud to be a member in the Methodist church!

18. We have one cat. I had eight cats and six dogs in Los Angeles.







19. We stopped doing my clothing line about five years ago, so it isn't available anymore.


20. They gave me four weeks, and I asked if the first week could be just music with the two main conductors. So, the conductors came over to my home, and we worked in the music room, and I learned my two little songs.




21. Some say I arrange for drama in my own life…He was sick as a dog with bronchitis and a 102-degree fever.


What do you think of Rue McClanahan's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts