Cat Deeley Quotes

1. If I'm photographed when I'm out, that's definitely me wearing my own clothes.

2. Success is hard in general for most women. We now have such busy lives, and we're told we can do everything - you know, we can have the relationship and the marriage and the kids and the career.


3. I support British designers as much as I can.

4. If I'm out on the town a little smile often does the trick, but I'm an approachable girl. I'm not one of those people who sits in the corner trying to be cool. I'll be the one dancing on the table.


5. A smart young lady would keep her options open. We don't like to put all our eggs in one basket.


6. Although I always act as if I don't really want to do it, assisting the magicians we have on the show is actually one of my favorite bits. Yeah, the first time I did it, I did feel quite nervous as he started to saw me in half and I felt the saw begin to go through me, but now I've done it quite a few times, it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, now, when the producer says that they've got a magician coming on the show and they want me to assist them, I tell them it's no problem at all and I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to do to me!

7. If I'm interviewing someone I need to know everything about them - I do these massive spider diagrams. Everything under different categories, and certain questions in other categories.



8. Everybody has a bad hair day, but as girls still like to be told we look nice even if we don't feel like we do.


9. If you ever see any of our early shows, they were terrible, make no bones about it. Awful. We can't watch it.

10. Expectations change. You accomplish something and then you go: "What's next?" So I have got a few things in the pipeline.

11. One thing for me that modeling definitely did was that you go to do a different job every day, and you are working with a completely new team of people. You have to learn how to talk to people and how to creatively achieve the same goals. I think it just hones your people skills.


12. I think that if you keep your eyes and your ears open and you are receptive to learning, there are skills you can get from any job at all.





13. If I'm in the pub and I've had a few then I'll usually get the top of a pint glass into my mouth. The whole circumference right in there.

14. It's OK if it's an interview situation because you almost have to flirt with them - whether it's a man or a woman.


15. God help me if I ever get up my own arse.

16. To have family behind you who love you more than words can say gives you so much confidence, because it allows you to go off and be who you want to be.

17. You can do one of two things. You can bury you head in the sand and believe what everyone tells you - that you will always be that young, that thin and that fabulous. Or you can use all the things you have - talent, contacts, knowledge - and do something different.


18. As long as you smile, have sparkly eyes and stick your shoulders back, nobody's going to notice your bum or your waist or your feet, for that matter.


19. I understand how important hair is to a woman's self-esteem and confidence.



20. I hate last-minute shopping, it's always unsuccessful.

21. I don't feel like: "oh my God, I must have everything right away".


22. My skin went mad last summer. So now I work out, and I have a massage once a week.




23. I used to say I wanted somebody funny and intelligent, but kindness is the most important quality in a man.


24. I enjoyed school, I was a bit of a square. I did very well in exams. I was quite lucky I was academic.


25. I wouldn't say pop stars hit on me - that's just stuff the papers make up.

26. I'm in an on-off relationship at the moment.


27. I've had the hots for loads of people that we've interviewed. We had Ricky Martin and Tom Jones on the same show.

28. The whole deal with facials is that they make you look like crap to start with, but you have to persist. I like instant results. I'm really impatient!


29. I don't find it particularly tasteful to start going out with one celebrity man after another. Just because they're a celebrity doesn't mean they're a better person.




30. I was sent to ballet classes when I was a little girl. I wasn't very good, but it's that thing where little girls always try ballet, or whatever.


31. A girl's got to do what she's got to do to make somebody pay her a compliment. If that means moaning 'til the cows come home, then so be it.


32. I'll never stop appreciating how lucky I am.


33. I don't have a problem with any of the Spice Girls either individually or collectively.



34. I'm a great swimmer, probably due to the size of my feet.

35. There are certain bits of me that I really don't like, but I never say that.


36. You are so much better off on your own than with the wrong person.





37. I'm just incredibly interested in people.

38. I guess I like them a bit rough around the edges - like you need to take them home and give them a good scrub.


39. All great reality shows have a very, very similar format. That's why it was so easy to parody.



40. In Britain, it's almost as if we're ashamed of having ambition and drive.

41. I hate birthdays. I hate birthday parties. I hate them. I don't know what it is, anybody's only got to come wafting near me with a piece of cake with a candle on and I break out in hives.


42. I'm getting comfortable with West Coast style, which is more laid-back than British style.

43. Being famous hasn't changed my perception of myself - I've just grown up.

44. You can guarantee that when you've got money burning a hole in your pocket and somewhere to go that evening, you either won't find anything you like, or in your size.


45. I hate sales. I avoid them at all costs. They're way too stressful and I'm not into the aggression they bring out in people.

46. It's great to admire other people's fashion choices, but I don't think you should idolize anyone.


47. I am addicted to "Vogue" magazines, be they French, British - I adore, adore, adore. Oh my god, the clothes, I'd die for. And I'm very lucky that I know quite a few designers from back in England, so I get lent lots of beautiful, beautiful things for the show. I'm a very lucky girl.

48. Jewelry is a great way to take your look from day to night.

49. I hate the way clothes are so expensive in this country. You can get stuff for half the price in the States, so I prefer to shop there.

50. Your lip color has to be just right and it depends on so many things like whether you've got a tan or what you're wearing.


51. I can't lie…My face always gives me away. I'm also pathetically bad at poker!



52. Listen, I would love to win an Emmy at some stage or another. I can't pretend not to.



53. I can't dance at all by myself.

54. I just wouldn't like my boyfriend going around getting smacked in the eye when we're out together. I don't like displays of violence.


55. (on being sawed in half by David Copperfield using his antique "Buzz Saw" illusion) Even though I'd been sawed in half lots of times before, it was still quite scary, because the saw blade was huge and all too real. And, with no box over me, I was able to look down and see the saw going right through my bare waist and into the wood underneath me - I could even see my skin rippling as the saw cut through it. But it didn't really hurt, just tickled a bit, and it was quite an honor to have the chance to do it, as David doesn't usually use it in his shows and just saves it for special occasions.

56. Maybe I see myself with kids, given the right place and right moment, with the right person.


57. I like going out for something to eat. I really like spaghetti lobster.

58. I don't even own my own name on the internet - somebody else bought it.


59. My friend made me a leather dress for the MTV awards. It gives you confidence, wearing something you love.

60. I love the way Cameron Diaz, Kate Moss and Jade Jagger always look beautiful and stylish yet different.

61. I choose what to wear depending on how I feel and what I'm comfortable in. That's when you look your best.


62. My house feels like a proper home. It's very relaxed with a hippyish vibe.

63. I don't feel any pressure to lose weight - and in any case, if I didn't have my food I'd be a nasty piece of work and wouldn't be able to function.

64. I realize I'm never gonna look like Kate Moss.


65. Never work with kids or animals.

66. I really can't believe all this attention. All I do is go on telly, have a laugh, try and be myself and not get too high and mighty.

67. I don't host a show and go: "Have you got my best angle?"


68. I straighten the hell out of my hair. I'm lucky I have such strong hair.





69. Nothing gets you to mend your heart quicker than throwing yourself into work.

70. I was never one to go out and get pissed and snog five guys in a nightclub. I'm not into drugs and I'm not into going out and randomly snogging people.


71. I don't shop because I need something, I just shop for shopping's sake.



72. I went to Thailand in July and no one propositioned me.



73. I find great lighting and a squint of the eyes makes anyone look better.

74. I have a Damien Hirst spot painting which I love. It has pride of place over my dining-room table.


75. Stylists aren't for me. I tried to use one when I first started working in the U.S., but I didn't click with anyone.




76. I would actually much prefer to be in bed on a Saturday afternoon. That's when I'm more mellow and more in the mood.


77. I have the biggest hair in the world - and that's official!

78. I'd be lost without department stores, especially ones with loads of High Street collections under one roof.

79. The only time I ever look good dancing is if I'm next to my dad at a wedding.


80. I just don't crave junk food.

81. I'd much rather have a guy just completely surprise me, otherwise it's like someone coming up to you and asking what you want for your birthday.

82. The trouble is that as women we try to take care of everybody else before we take care of ourselves.


83. Style is a very personal thing and women should develop their own individual look.


84. There are fit men everywhere, so I'm working my way through them, one at a time!

85. I love bold, colorful party dresses because they don't need accessories. Just throw one on and you're done.

86. I'd take pride in my appearance wherever I worked, I've always been like that.


87. You've got to have a sense of humor about sex. When you look at it, it's all pretty ridiculous, isn't it?







88. I love people who are very honest and very open and don't pretend to be anything they're not.


89. I'd say to any woman, get out of that bad relationship that's turning you into a shell of your former self. Learn from it and get out. Then wait; enjoy yourself and your friends because, when what you want comes along, you'll spot it.

90. I'm definitely not planning a singing career.




91. I'm crap at giving out signs because if I really fancy someone I won't even look at them.

92. I started off doing live TV, so I kind of learnt that if I get myself into trouble, I get myself out of it.


93. I'm so tall, that's the problem. I always forget. I wear heels all the time.





94. I've been out with men who have literally had an argument with the mirror because they couldn't get their hair right. When I was younger, I might have reassured him, but I can't do that anymore.


What do you think of Cat Deeley's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts