Chaz Bono: "I Never Dreamed I'd Play Male Roles"

Finding the perfect role can be hard for any actor. But it was almost insurmountable for Chaz Bono, 44, whose ambition growing up was to begin an acting career.


"I started acting in high school. It was the career that I wanted but I stopped because I couldn't really do a good job playing female characters and I didn't know why," Bono revealed to PEOPLE before he transitioned from being a woman to a man in 2009.

It was actually the first time Bono portrayed a man on stage that convinced him to give up his dream. 


"My senior year of high school I got cast as a male character and for the first time I really excelled," Bono was quoted as saying after playing the president of the United States in "Thirty Minute Musicals: Independence Day at the Celebration Theatre in West Hollywood." "But I told myself: "This will never happen as a professional so I need to find another career." "


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts