Gabrielle Union: "I Lost Scandal Role To Kerry Washington"

Gabrielle Union reveals she was this close to portraying Olivia Pope in "Scandal."
-->

But Union, 40, told the Associated Press she has no hard feelings about losing out on the part to Kerry Washington.

Union was quoted as saying: "I said to myself: "Oh my God, these roles are out there." It showed me that you don't have to settle."

Union noted: "Luckily, the success of her and the show bred more work. Just from the audition process, I knew that I couldn't go backward."


Union went on to score the starring role in BET's "Being Mary Jane", in which she portrays a successful TV anchor trying to juggle her family and romantic relationships.



The movie debuts on July 2 and will then be turned into a TV series next winter.


Union added: "I didn't get "Scandal," but I got something better - which is my own show."

Check out a preview of Union's new movie
"Being Mary Jane"

  below.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts