Jane Lynch Quotes

1. (on her "Glee" character Sue Sylvester) Someone that lives very deeply in me. I kind of liked that shaming, vengeful energy during different periods of my life.


2. But now that I've matured, I've realized that - at the end of the day - what's really important is the work, not what people think of me.


3. Artists are free to push boundaries to make art. But when pushing boundaries is their only aim, the result is usually bad art.

4. I spent so much of my younger life drinking, and being drunk makes learning to be a grown-up kind of hard.


5. I'm very excited! It's a great and wonderful thing at the tender age of 49 to have finally found somebody that I want to be with. I'm so lucky.




6. Making people laugh is a really fabulous thing because it means you're getting deep inside somebody, into their psyche, and their ability to look at themselves.

7. (saying wife Lara Embry wears a bikini, but not her) She wears bikinis - not me. She looks fantastic in a bikini. I mean look at this, Look at what we are talking about here.


8. I've been engaged now since probably November. I love it, and I can't wait for her to move out here (Hollywood), so we can start a home together.



9. I'm a person who likes habit and knowing what my job is.

10. Football is very masculine and, to me, a metaphor for war.


11. I can be aggressive like her. One of the things Sue Sylvester is - she's a warrior. She's always looking for a fight, and I go through stuff like that. With the wedding plans and even when I got to my hotel here in New York, I was looking for everything to be wrong and I was like: "Oh my God, I'm doing my Sue Sylvester." I will not be singing and don't expect any track suits at my wedding!


12. I love it! I always wanted to have a partner. I always wanted to have someone to walk through life with, and I really have not had that before. We spend all day together and we make home together very well. We all watch the show. My daughter loves it, so the three of us watch it together.


13. I'm kind of a "Fix-It Felix" video girl. I like the simpler, sweeter kind of games.


14. I'm a stepparent right now. And forever, I guess I'm committed, I'm going to do it! I'm telling you right here and now.

15. I do like to go to movies. I like to be in the theater. I like the event of it.

16. I'm kind of a manic exerciser. I'll like exercise for a week and be crazy, and then I won't do it for six months.


17. That was the most offensive thing I've seen in 20 years of teaching - and that includes an elementary school production of "Hair".





18. I'm thrilled! It's an amazing thing. I wake up and pinch myself every morning! No wedding planning at this point. We just put a ring on it.

19. You're such a happy bright person, but it wasn't always that way. You write about being very difficult to work with. I was terrible, It was so Psychology 101 - I felt terrible inside and I projected it on everybody else. I made everybody bad, wrong. I was kind of shaming and humiliating, not unlike Sue Sylvester, so I had a lot to draw on. I wasn't a nice person to have around. And I can say today, I'm kind of a nice person to have around!

20. I love Jennifer Saunders. Absolutely Fabulous is my favorite thing ever.


21. I have never been much of a child person - I've always loved dogs much more. The minute I meet a dog, I am in love and could take that dog home with me. Cats, too. But children, I've always been like: "Hmm, cute…" It had to be a very special child for me to want to be a parent - and she is. My parenting instincts are lacking, but my wife is a wonderful mother, so thank God I'm not expected to do the bulk of the parenting. I'm not even expected to do 50 per cent of it, because she is so good. It's wonderful, though, and it's a part of myself I never expected to know.

22. I know it sounds new age-y, but what I've truly come up with is that you really need to trust that you're on your own path, as long as you stay true to it and you show up, which is 99% of it.

23. I don't wear particular designers. I wear whoever fits me well.


24. I've just always loved singing, and I come from a family that loves singing around the kitchen table.

25. I go to coffee shops for my outlet. Which is just not healthy at all.

26. Waking up with someone you love and spending every day with them and having a child. I love her. She is the best.


27. My first love, in my head, believe it or not, was Ron Howard.






28. (Jane Lynch was inspired by Ellen Degeneres to come out of the closet) I used to lay in bed and go: "How will I come out or will I come out? You were at the height of your fame and you came out, And that just blazed a trail for me. It really did. It made it so much easier for me what you did".


29. I have acting technique; I have singing technique; I don't have a writing technique to fall back on.




30. No one's just going to hand you a career. I waited for years for someone to hand me one and it never happened.


31. He would be perfect on the show, all you have to do would be to go to Ryan Murphy and he would come up with some kick-ass premise for Simon Cowell to be on our show. I think when we do nationals, wouldn't he be a great judge? Local judge, Simon Cowell.

32. I stay local with that kind of work. In California we're basically bankrupt in our public schools; we don't have arts, music or drama, so I help raise money for my own child's school so that we can have our art teacher and music teacher. I'm also part of a larger (organization) that we do it for parents who don't have that kind of money.


33. I have to admit that I was a little nervous when I showed up for my first official "Wreck-It Ralph" recording session.


34. I have to start 10 rehearsals earlier than everyone else because I'm no dancer. But I do enjoy it. I love the cast and I love that I get to sing and dance. It really is the most wonderful job - even if I do have to work harder than anyone else at the dancing!


35. When I grew up. I didn't want to be too tall. I didn't want to be too loud. I didn't want to be gay.

36. To this day, I still would choose the angst over something easier, when I really don't have to.


37. I stopped watching television like a fiend once I got into college.

38. When I was younger, I actually wanted to be in the spotlight. To have people want me, want to have a piece of me.


39. I went through my scrapbook and I went through photographs, and I started to see that it's a little more interesting than I thought it was.

40. I'm scared to death, I'm really excited, too. It's always something I've aspired to, and I love sketch, but I've been doing TV a long time now and you get to have "take two". Not on Saturday Night Live. You get "take one" and that's it, baby.


41. I am tickled pink to be hosting the Primetime Emmys on FOX. I'm looking forward to singing, dancing and sporting my finest tracksuit.








42. (on why she wants to publish her memoir) I also learned how I made things much harder on myself than they needed to be. I have my own deep, dark places, but the message coming out of it is that it's all a choice on whether you suffer through your life. That's very much what the book is about.


43. I never went through a biological clock experience. I never even heard it ticking.

44. I play straight people all the time, I think I'm an actor first before I'm a gay person.

45. I was a huge "Friends" fan. I had a very small part. I played a real-estate agent in the very last season.

46. It's funny, when I was younger I used to lie in bed and think: "What will I do if I ever get famous and they find out I'm gay?" I would really angst about that. It just happened so naturally and I didn't hide anything. I never let anything like my sexuality stop me from pursuing what I wanted to do and what I do has nothing to do with my orientation really.

47. I was not the kid that hung out at the arcade.


What do you think of Jane Lynch's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts