Bruce Jenner Pushes Kris Jenner And His Mom To Make Peace

Bruce Jenner had to make some arrangements to get his wife Kris Jenner and mother Esther Jenner to make peace on the Sunday, August 18 episode of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians".


Since Kris and Bruce, 63, tied the knot in April 1991, Kris, 57, has not had a great relationship with his mother. Hoping the two could reconcile, Bruce asked Kris if she would celebrate her mother-in-law's 87th birthday by going to visit her in Idaho.


"The last time she came to my home, I made her dinner, I made her brownies, I made her pasta, my favorite soup, I put flowers in her room. I made her feel like a princess. She doesn't even like me," Kris was quoted as saying, noting: "Why would I go visit somebody who can't stand me?"

Devastated, Bruce turned to stepdaughter Khloe Kardashian for advice, who told him to keep saying to her mother how important the visit and reconciliation would meant to him. He then made the decision to fly his mother to their house for a birthday party instead, but Kris still wouldn't commit to spending time with Esther, demurring: "I'm not sure about my schedule."

"It's kind of awkward. There's no eye contact," Jenner admitted when Esther arrived at their home. "I just hope she can relax a little bit, loosen up and realize that I'm not the enemy."

Kris and Esther couldn't "loosen up" during a family dinner and exchanged few words with each other. To stay away from the awkwardness, Kris excused herself to go to bed early to take then-pregnant daughter Kim Kardashian to the doctor the next morning.


Unwilling to give up on the reconciliation, Bruce picked his mother up from her hotel the next day and forced Kris to sit down with her for a heart to heart. "We haven't been too close in any way," Esther noted, explaining: "I'm so sorry for that."



"It was very complicated I think," Kris replied, adding: "Just a lot of personalities in the mix and stuff going on."


"I have felt like I should stay away, stay out of the picture, and I have," Esther claimed, stating: "But it's not right." After adding that Bruce's marriage to Kris (his third) is "the longest marriage he has had," she praised Kris, revealing: "You've been good for him and I think he's been good for you."

The two matriarchs hugged and Kris confessed to the camera: "Wow, I've waited 23 years for this. Better late than never!"


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts