Steven Meisel Quotes

1. This job in particular has a tendency to change lives more than most.

2. After so many years, it's nice to be back in the Calvin Klein world…The most memorable campaign I shot for Calvin Klein was probably either an Eternity fragrance campaign, which I did also in 1988, or a Steven Meisel underwear campaign that I did in the mid to late '90s. There are so many though. They are still some of the images that I like most out of all the images from my career, so I'm quite proud of them.


3. Obviously, I feel that fashion is totally racist. The one thing that taking pictures allows you to do is occasionally make a larger statement. After seeing all the shows though I feel it was totally ineffective. I was curious, because it received a lot of publicity, whether it would have any effect on New York, London, Paris, or Milan; and I found that it did not. They still only had one token black girl, maybe two. It's the same as it always was and that's the sad thing for me.

What do you think of Steven Meisel's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts