Mischa Barton Quotes

1. Pretty people aren't as accepted as other people. It's like: "She's pretty and thin and she's got to have problems. She's messed up."

2. I'm so excited that even being in a foreign place like Moscow right now couldn't stifle my enthusiasm.


3. Sometimes men are scared of me. You become a kind of an icon on television, and people are a little bit unsure, careful. It's funny.





4. I suffer from depression and that's the truth. I've never told anybody that. I am pretty crazy and weird sometimes, but not mentally unstable.


5. The only way to be happy and be a more enjoyable person to be around is to embrace what you've got. Everyone has issues about their body, but I feel confident now. I'm healthy and happy.



6. I don't know Russell Crowe, he just doesn't do anything for me. People say he's good looking but I don't see it.


7. I hang out with a lot of guy friends. Men are more straightforward than women. There is no bullshit.




8. I love to draw people's faces. I do that all the time.

9. Most of the people had no idea who I was because they were all into this thing about helping Russian children. But I was so glad I went. (That was) my favorite jacket ever.


10. I've had fellow actors tell me...You have to throw more tantrums!







11. I'm still getting used to changing earrings - It still feels really weird to be pushing bits of metal through holes in my earlobes that weren't there a few weeks back, and actually seeing and feeling the holes in my lobes is still a bit freaky.

12. I'm not one of these people really into the latest fetishes like yoga or the Kabbalah. I can't imagine anything worse than wearing a trendy red bracelet around my arm and running around saying: "I'm at peace with myself."


13. (on dating magician Brandon Silverfield in 2007) I guess nothing lets a guy know that you trust him more than allowing him to chop your head off with a guillotine and run a huge circular saw through your waist! The first time we rehearsed the tricks, it was quite scary, especially the first time the guillotine blade fell and my head tumbled into the basket. But I soon got used to it and started to enjoy the sensation of the blades going though me and being in two pieces - Being sawed in half is actually quite a sexy feeling! 

14. Paris isn't my rival. I met her one or two times and she's making out there's this big rivalry between us and there so isn't.

15. I like guys who are confident but not cocky, who are comfortable with themselves, and who know what they want.


16. I have a great job, wonderful friends and a wonderful boyfriend and I love my life!




17. I don't mind nudity; I just don't do it often.

18. I don't take myself too seriously on the set. I try to show that I have a spark!


19. When I signed up for "The Beautiful Life" and we were discussing costumes for Sonja, they asked me if I'd be prepared to have my ears pierced, so that Sonja will be able to wear the same earrings as all the other models in some of the fashion show scenes. And, as I'd already been thinking again about maybe getting them done, I figured that maybe now was the time, so I said "OK" and got them done a couple of days later.

20. I want to go to Yale as soon as there's a break in my career so that I can take my college experience seriously.






21. I do intelligent roles. I don't want to be labeled as doing silly movies. I'm more mature than kids my age because I'm constantly surrounded by adults.


22. People seem confused about the idea of me going to school but I love learning. My course was about Shakespeare and we hardly did any of that at school. It was really exciting to read all the plays.




23. I have a career, I worked so hard for it.

24. I love all the mashed potatoes, the mushy peas and brussel sprouts. And oh my god, Cadbury's chocolate! It is so much better than Hershey's which we have in America.

25. It kind of irritates me that I'm seen as this pretty face. People also say I'm too thin. The truth is pretty people aren't as accepted as other people. It comes with all these stigmas.


26. I know I look the part, and people used to come up to me in the street and talk to me as if I was a crazy party girl. But I don't go out clubbing because that whole thing is too claustrophobic. As for shopping, I'd rather walk my dogs, Ziggy Stardust and Charlie Barton. I cook a mean lasagne, and some people say my potatoes au gratin are pretty on fire. I guess some people are disappointed. I'm always being associated with other girls, but we're not in the same crowd. I have only met Paris Hilton once and that was in passing.

27. I like playing dark, offbeat, quirky characters.


28. I'm single right now and enjoying it. It's not easy at all to have a relationship in the public eye, because everything you do is scrutinized. But I allow myself to have real friends and real friendships. I just find people who are right for me. Sometimes I say I want someone "normal" who's not in the industry, but I don't know if I mean that. People who aren't in the industry can't understand what my life is like. It's a huge learning curve to understand it, with the press and the public, and it takes a lot of intelligence and humor to survive that.

29. I'm looking for a guy who is confident with a great sense of humor - that's so important to me, as long as I can laugh I'm always happy. I like to be light-hearted in my down time, so for me it's all about some depth, intelligence and confidence. That's what matters the most.


30. No, my ears aren't pierced. I've thought about having them done a few times, and almost done it a couple of times - but I'm such a chicken when it comes to pain and backed out each time! I'd like to get them done, because it can be so difficult getting good clip-ons, and I guess I probably will at some point, but no, they're not pierced at the moment.

31. My dog is always my boyfriend. Charlie is the best - I got him when I broke up with Brandon Davis. He will always be my number one man and he knows that. The dogs are a huge part of my downtime. Actually, it's shocking how much you can become absorbed by them.

32. I'm not really sure what people's preconceived notions are. I don't look at the gossip websites - it's unhealthy and I think it's a large part of what drives people in L.A. crazy.


33. When I got to Hollywood I didn't know anything about the business and you don't make the best of friends. You make a few mistakes when you're that age and it took me a while to find the friends I needed to be truly comfortable. I'm a private person, you won't find more than four or five true friends around me, ever.


What do you think of Mischa Barton's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts