Stevie Nicks: "Game Of Thrones Helped Me Through Grief"

Stevie Nicks stated that "Game of Thrones" helped her cope with personal tragedy in an interview with The Herald in Scotland.


Nicks, 65, revealed that earlier this year, she was in a dark place following her mom's passing.

"I didn't go (to the studio). I didn't want to go. But it wasn't just that - I didn't want to go anywhere. I didn't leave the house for almost five months," Nicks was quoted as saying.


Nicks noted: "I worked on the edit of my documentary about the making of (her solo album) "In Your Dreams". And then I got pneumonia. With my pneumonia and my mother's death I watched the entire first season of "Game Of Thrones" - so that was great! That certainly took my mind off everything."

Asked if she is a "Game of Thrones" fan, Nicks gushed: "Yes! The author (George R.R. Martin) is my age and it blows my mind that he's able to create this vast, interlinked world," Nicks continued, explaining: "As a songwriter I write little movies. But I can't imagine sitting down and writing even one small book. But then probably somebody like him couldn't imagine writing "Edge Of Seventeen" or "Rhiannon" - couldn't write a whole little life in two verses and a chorus."

Nicks added: "And of course I would love to write some music for "Game Of Thrones." I've written a bunch of poetry about it - one for each of the characters. On Jon Snow…On Arya…On Cersei and Jaime."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts