Jennifer Lawrence On Anxiety Issues: "I Felt Worthless"

Jennifer Lawrence spoke out about childhood therapy, social anxiety and trying to stay un-Hollywood in a new interview with French magazine Madame Figaro.


Lawrence, 23, revealed that she had serious adjustment issues while growing up, before acting changed entirely her life.

"My nickname was "Nitro," as in nitroglycerin," Lawrence confessed to the mag (as translated from the French).


Jennifer was quoted as saying: "I was hyperactive, curious about everything. When my mother (talks) about my childhood, she always told me there was like a light in me, a spark that inspired me constantly. When I entered school, the light went out."


Lawrence explained: "We never knew what it was, a kind of social anxiety. But I had friends."

Jennifer's struggle led her to therapy.

"I went to see a shrink, nothing worked," Lawrence noted.


"One day, I begged my parents to take me to a casting, we went to New York and that's where I started acting," Lawrence told the mag, adding: "Just on stage, my mother saw the change that was taking place in me. She saw my anxieties disappear. She found her daughter, the one who had this light and joy before school."


Lawrence continued: "I finally found a way (to) open the door to a universe that I understood, that was good for me and made ​​me happy. I felt capable, whereas before I felt worthless."


Despite her fame, the "Catching Fire" star is determined to stay grounded.





"I want my life (to be) as normal as possible," Lawrence stated, noting: "One of the dangers in (show business) is that things (move) too fast…I do not want to burn the stages of my life. I want to keep it simple."

Lawrence concluded: "I do not have an assistant. (Someone) that helps me is my best friend. At the end of a day of shooting, I can go home and hang out with her…and not share time with someone who works for me."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts