Lorde On Being Different From Disney Stars: "I Went To Parties"

Lorde spoke out on GQ's Q blog about her fast rise to stardom and the difference between her and what the site's reporter calls "the standard Disney-groomed teenage nightmares."


Lorde, 16, who has attacked Selena Gomez and slammed Taylor Swift, revealed: "The difference between those kids and me is that I grew up completely normally and went to parties and had that experience."


"I am way less inclined to be like: "Look! I'm f**king mental!"" Lorde was quoted as saying.





The outspoken teenager also explained to the mag what it is like to unexpectedly have the kind of wealth that she decries in "Royals."


"I am so used to not having money that spending over $200 - I don't even think I could do it," Lorde noted.




Lorde added that if and when she does splurge: "it'll just be geeky sh*t - first-edition books and rare pressings of records."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts