Amber Portwood On Drug Abuse: "I Was Always High On "Teen Mom", Ate Drugs In Rehab" (VIDEO)

Amber Portwood spoke out about her drug addiction and prison time in an interview with Dr. Phil set to air on Friday. 





Portwood, 23, revealed to the host: "This is actually my first time on stage sober, so I'm really nervous," explaining: "Every time you see me on ("Teen Mom"), I am high."


The former "Teen Mom" star shared that while in rehab: "I was using a drug called fentanyl…it's patches. I opened up the patch and I would eat the patch."

Portwood continued: "It's very dangerous. I was using that the whole time I was in (rehab) with a friend…in drug court and on house arrest."



Fentanyl skin patches are used to control immensely acute pain.


Portwood was released from jail in November after after completing 17 months of her five-year sentence. She was initially placed in a rehabilitation center as part of a plea agreement for violating her probation, but opted to serve time in prison instead in order to get sober.


Check out the video below… 



Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts