George Clooney: "I Haven't Met The Love Of My Life Yet" (VIDEO)

George Clooney is on the cover of the December/January edition of W, the mag's eighth annual arts issue. 





In addition to an avant garde picture spread, Clooney, 52, talks about the impact of art on society, depression and his love life.

"When I was a kid, I was in love with Audrey Hepburn. I watched "Roman Holiday" when I was 11, and I thought she was as elegant as anything I'd ever seen. And I fell madly in love with her," Clooney admits.


Clooney goes on: "I also always loved Grace Kelly. I mean, when she comes out of the water in "To Catch a Thief", I thought: That's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen"".





But asked about the love of his real life, Clooney responded: "I haven't met her yet…"

George stated he suffers from homesickness when he's off shooting movies.


"Home is where my friends and family are…I spend 8 months a year in a one bedroom hotel room in a city I probably wouldn't vacation in," Clooney explains, noting he depends on visits from his loved ones to get by.


"I get desperately, depressingly homesick if I can't find a way to be near the people that bring joy wherever they go. Spend a night with my parents battling over who was the rottenest child (my sister or me)…Or my friends pointing out how badly I destroyed a certain bat franchise," Clooney reminisces.


Clooney, given a choice between romance, passion or hard core sex, confesses he prefers "passion…that encompasses the other two," reveals he doesn't believe in God and states if he could choose how to die, he wants it to simply be "before my friends."



Clooney's next film is "The Monuments Men", a project he wrote, directed and starred in, which recounts the Allied efforts to rescue works of art from the Nazis during World War II.


"In "The Monuments Men", we question whether saving art is worth a life, and I would argue that the culture of a people represents life," Clooney is quoted as saying, noting: "When the Taliban destroy incredible pieces of architecture and art, or when American troops don't protect museums in Iraq, you are seeing people losing their culture."

"And with the end of a country's culture goes its identity. It's a terrible loss, down to your bones," Clooney concludes.


Check out the video from George Clooney's W interview
below...



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts