Jessica Alba Quotes

1. I wish I was more educated but I make do with the tools I was given in life.

2. (on learning Spanish) I have a great accent because I grew up hearing it in the neighborhood. But I have no idea what I'm saying.


3. My approach to acting now is so different - I'm fearless because I have nothing to lose. Before (children) my identity was wrapped up in every decision - now, I don't care.




4. I used to come to Beverly Hills for auditions as a kid and think: "Why don't I live here? Why don't I drive that car?"


5. I know I haven't been swimming in the deep end with some of the movies I've done. I wasn't trying to. I knew what they were.





6. I would like to dedicate this award to a young man who has been on my mind for the last 19 years: Ross. Ross didn't love me. I was pigeon-toed, I had a sway back, I was slightly cross-eyed, buck-toothed, I sucked my thumb. Look at me now, Ross! Look at me now!


7. When I read the script for "Machete", I was uncomfortable with the sexual content. I got really nervous even talking about it.





8. There is always an unspoken problem about casting Latina actresses. I have heard Jennifer Lopez talk about how it was for her, always being up for the role of the Latina chick.


9. My first kiss was when I was 7, and it was scandalous because he was 10! I only did it so he would pick me on our neighborhood baseball team. And at the time, I thought it was great, but then it s*cked because he didn't even pick me!

10. (on being a parent) It's the best of life. Honor walks and talks, has a lot of opinions.



11. Thank you to the fans. I do movies for you. Practice safe sex and drive hybrids if you can.

12. Usually, we're just entertaining and, most of the time, everything is just pure, commercial entertainment. Especially in Hollywood, there isn't a whole lot of emphasis on much else. Film is used, in other places in the world, for political messages, and it's an art, in all different forms. Some people don't have a voice, and their government keeps them from having a voice. Knowing that we can participate in something that is socially and politically relevant, even in one of the biggest pop culture makers of the world - Hollywood - that's awesome.


13. I love listening to Coldplay. But sometimes I listen to it too much and it depresses me. I call it a "reflective" mood.


14. Honor is so beautiful and I feel so enriched by being part of her life. She's my main priority now and I want to give her the best life possible. Before she was born I was totally focused on my career, but now with Cash and our daughter I feel that I'm building a wonderful family. I would like to have more children at some point.

15. The films I do always have a happy ending. I hope it reflects back to real life.





16. I'm really good at being sarcastic with guys. That's the best way to hang out with them, because that's what guys like. They don't want the quiet, prissy little things.

17. We didn't plan on starting a family so soon but when it happened we realized what a beautiful moment it was. We're a lot closer. The beauty of marriage and having a family is knowing you're sharing everything with someone else and are committed to being part of each others lives. Cash and I understand that and together with our daughter, we want to have a wonderful life.


18. I wish I could speak Spanish, because it would be a lot easier to play more interesting roles.


19. In Eastern culture, people see ghosts, people talk about ghosts…it's just accepted. And in Western culture it's just not.

20. I like Spongebob Squarepants. He's goofy, like me.


21. Oddly, I think I'm a little more wild and free since I had Honor because once she's in bed all my mom friends come over and we have dance parties at my house. It's really dorky and I probably wouldn't have done that before. But no, I don't go out. I hang out with my friends and I'm pretty chilled.

22. From a very early age, I remember thinking that adults were always acting like a**h*les. I couldn't understand why I had to respect them. My pre-school teacher forced me to write right-handed when I was left-handed. I didn't get why I had to change. Nobody could give me a reason. I have had a big problem with authority ever since.


23. To me, box office is the most important thing. If the movie makes money, then I'm fine.


24. We're such a rich country - why do we have this many homeless people? It's not just about people who are homeless on drugs; it's about families that make too much money to apply for welfare, but they don't make enough to survive. They're stuck in the middle. What is that?

25. No, I'll never do a nude scene. I can act sexy and wear sexy clothes but I can't go naked. I come from a very Catholic family so it wasn't seen as a good thing to flaunt yourself like that. I can handle being sexy with clothes on but not with them off.

26. My grandfather was the only Mexican at his college, the only Hispanic person at work and the only one at the all-white country club. He tried to forget his Mexican roots, because he never wanted his kids to be made to feel different in America. He and my grandmother didn't speak Spanish to their children. Now, as a third-generation American, I feel as if I have finally cut loose.


27. When I do comedy, I lose all inhibition and introspection. I no longer care.

28. I don't put weight on fame, and having people around me just because I am famous makes me feel really bad about myself.


29. I don't do nudity. I just don't. Maybe that makes me a bad actress. Maybe I won't get hired in some things. But I have too much anxiety.



30. The most important thing I have learned in life was that being a teenager wasn't forever. I had a hard time being a teenager.


31. Good actors, never use the script unless it's amazing writing. All the good actors I've worked with, they all say whatever they want to say.





32. It's probably the most influential thing that I've ever had. Thank god for "Dark Angel". Getting a blessing by James Cameron to star in his first television show. Really, the first thing he did after "Titanic" was hire me.


33. (on expecting her second child) The nursery isn't ready. It's not even close, but I'm accumulating things. In the beginning the baby stays with me in the room, so you don't need the nursery ready so soon. We're remodeling our house, so it's going to take a few months. I'm really taking my time.

34. The movies that I do are usually physically demanding in one way or another. It's a good way to keep your health on track. Especially when you've been on-set for 14 hours, it's nice to relieve that stress in another way than having to rely on a big meal and wine.


35. When I went blonde for "Sin City" three years ago, I swear I've never had more male attention. I'd go to a bar and all these Arab Princes and much older men would want to buy me a drink - I'm talking guys in their 80s!


36. As a girl, I was always told I was nasty or dirty if I was sexual in any way. Americans are such prudes.

37. You have to be the best of whatever you are, but successful, cool actresses come in all shapes and sizes.


38. Men's magazines have nipples so why don't women have a magazine where men show their penises? There's Playgirl but not a fashion magazine like Elle. If there was a magazine like that I'd buy it. Nudity's not a big deal to me…I've said I won't go naked in any of my movies, because I don't want to. But that doesn't mean I don't want to see other people strip off!


39. No one gives Cameron Diaz a hard time for not speaking Spanish.


40. There's this mentality that you need the big dress and the big day - the day every girl gets to be a princess. I didn't agree with any of that. This tradition of obeying your husband like he's your king? It's a load of crap. Love and honor, yes. But you should love and honor yourself too, and all your friends.

41. I was a child actor and it worked for me, given the circumstances I was in, but I'm lucky enough to give my daughter and my second baby a completely different life and an education that I never had the opportunity to have. When they're done with college, if they want to get into the arts, that's fine. I think you will be a better artist the more life experience you have, but I wouldn't encourage them to work in this type of environment as children.


42. Young women should pave their own path. I find it quite confining to live up to anybody else's expectations of who you should be.


43. It's hard. On the weekends is when my husband and I make a concerted effort to just not email or text, but really spend our time with our daughter and be completely, 100 percent focused on her. During the week, it's here and there, depending on if I am busy with meetings or not. It is tough, because I do care about my career. I do have that, but she's my number one priority. If she's not doing okay, nothing matters.

44. I just don't have a great feeling about what we're doing in Iraq. I don't know why we're there. Didn't we just give the power back over there? Why are we still there?


45. It feels like you're really officially, really truly a mom when you have two kids. (With) one kid you're a mom for sure, but two takes it to another level.



46. I thought it was my job to give all the boys their first kiss.


47. I chipped my front tooth doing a kiss with Dane Cook and he chipped his bottom tooth. We were doing this comedic "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" love scene, and we were slamming into walls and breaking things and tumbling over couches and stuff. At one point, he slammed my head into a picture frame and, while my head was smacking into the wall and breaking the picture, his teeth slammed into my teeth. Now I have a bond on my tooth and, when I take it off, I look like Jim Carrey in "Dumb & Dumber". I look really silly. I guess I'd be perfect for a sequel. I can definitely take the bond off of my tooth and throw people off a bit. I get to take this thing off and be somebody else for a little while. It's like a disguise.

48. (on being raised by young parents) We all grew up together. My parents were so young. My dad hates it when I talk about our past, about not having things, living with grandma, wearing thrift-store clothes, cutting coupons.

49. (on Lindsay Lohan) She's really nice. We hang out and chat for hours about girl stuff.


50. Everyone has an opinion of who you are and what your relationship is about, things that you've done or didn't do in your relationship - and it's just all crap, really. Things that are written about it are all crap.

51. (on Lindsay Lohan) The fact that she can poke fun at herself - she's a brilliant actress. "Mean Girls" is a classic. It's so good. How can you ever forget that? I think people should probably focus more on someone's career and maybe less on someone's personal circumstances. It's nobody's business. Everyone goes through their own thing.


52. All moms need confidants who are in their shoes and can relate to what they're going through. You need a night out together to be who you are, and not feel like you have to be the career woman, wife and mommy - all at once. After all, we're not superwomen.

53. I'm all about supporting anyone whose art is also the way they make their living.


54. I have my own spiritual thing, but am not part of an organized religion. I think religion is very special and individual to each person.





55. (on James Cameron) There's nobody like him, and we're all blessed to have him be one of the best directors in our lifetime.


56. (on herself after childbirth) My breasts are saggy, I've got cellulite, my hips are bigger...every actress out there is more beautiful than me.



57. I wish there were two of me and 48-hour days so I could get everything done. But for me, I have to not try and think that everything has to be 100% perfect all the time and leave room for error. As long as my kids feel loved and a priority, everything really is secondary.


58. I just didn't like the damsel-in-distress thing. I could relate to young girls wanting to see her take care of herself. And because I'm so good at action, I talked the writer and producer and director into throwing together a little fight sequence. It ended up taking three more weeks to shoot it. But at least I'm not tied up and asleep until my knight in shining armor comes and saves me. So I thought it was cool.

59. I've got cousins galore. Mexicans just spread all their seeds. And the women just pop them out.




60. But I don't feel the need to be famous.

61. "Avatar" is incredible, just incredible. I love what Jim (James Cameron) is doing for the environment, just in what his movie says about taking care of and trying to save our planet. It's such a beautiful message.


62. I don't hang out with the Hollywood cool people. I'm not out trying to make friends with people because they're famous.




63. I did research when I was pregnant with my first daughter and was horrified by the chemicals in products, even those meant for babies. I would have to go to 50 different places just to get my house and my kid clean.


64. I'm a total nerd at heart. If I'm not working I spend the whole day in my pajamas. I've never been desperate to be out there at parties, or to be playing the dating game.




65. It feels like I'm starting to come into my own in terms of where I want to go artistically, toward more complicated, interesting characters.


66. Pregnancy was the most incredible experience I've ever had. So I'll take the stretch marks. I'll take the sagging boobs. I'll take the cellulite I can never get rid of.

67. I look forward to the day when I can do a small movie and act and it's not about me wearing a bathing suit or chaps.


68. If I didn't get a job, between 16 and 18, that wasn't significant, I was just going to go to college. I didn't want to be a struggling actor at 36 with five kids, doing something I hated. You see the story so much. It's such a vicious business to be in when you're not meant to be in it.

69. There's no such thing as a perfect guy. I think it would be strange if somebody was absolutely everything you always wanted, because then there'd be no challenge. Also, you'd feel inferior. If somebody is that perfect, how can you not think of yourself as being so imperfect next to him? I think people are perfect in their imperfections.

70. My mom grew up around a huge family, and they always wanted more kids, and I was like: "Why don't you just adopt?" I'm totally inspired. If you have the love, and the capacity to love children, you should just adopt. And I plan on doing it.

71. Just being a mother is making me a big, weepy mess.


72. Living in L.A., everyone likes to mold you and change you. I don't care about fame, I don't care about being a celebrity. I know that's part of the job, but I don't feed into anyone's idea of who I should be.

73. The scripts I get are always for the whore, or the motorcycle chick in leather, or the horny maid…I don't think this is happening to Natalie Portman.


74. I wasn't given a whole lot in my life. I was on the bottom of the class system. But I got wisdom. I never just did what people told me. I questioned everything. When I look back, it is really no surprise that I started working at 12.

75. I love Kate Winslet, she has a beautiful body, as does Monica Bellucci, Beyoncé Knowles, Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Biel, Scarlett Johansson. There are so many gorgeous girls out there.


76. Every time I'd get a critique or some redirection, I'd always just take it very personally. Now I have no problem with it.





77. I've bought 70 percent of my house off Craigslist! I've found so many things: couches, tables, lamps. I love the idea of recycling furniture and there being a history there.


78. (on racial stereotyping) My father is Mexican and very dark; my mother is very fair. I used to always get (script) breakdowns for things like Maria, the janitor's daughter who hangs around with white kids. I was born in the United States. I never thought about it until the industry made me think about being a Latin girl. It seemed like such a bizarre thing.


79. The time I'm not spending with my kid has to be worth it, so when I sat down with my agents after I was ready to go back to work, I told them: It's all about the directors.


80. (on growing up in L.A.) I never really belonged anywhere. I wasn't white. I was shunned by the Latin community for not being Latin enough. My grandfather was the only one in our family to go to college. He made a choice not to speak Spanish in the house. He didn't want his kids to be different.

81. There's a lot of pressure on women to fulfill certain fantasies. They expect you to be a little bit of a tart, to flirt with all the men. A lot of women do it. But I'm not doing that. I talk with these guys about their wives and kids right away. When they say inappropriate things, I let them, because boys will be boys, but I'm not looking to participate in their conversations.

82. (on her daughter) I'm very strict with her. When it's time for her to eat, whether she's hollering or whatever, it's time to eat. She gets a time out if she cries for no reason. So then she stops because she doesn't want a time out.

83. Most nights I end up wearing a wife beater T-shirt and boxers.


84. What happens when the looks fade? If I don't establish myself as someone who can act a part rather than look the part, I will soon be finished.




85. (on having more children) Yeah, I think so, it's the best thing ever. So, having more kids, I can wrap my head around it.



86. I could have sexual chemistry with vinegar.


87. Men are much bigger divas than women. When I used to do the action scenes in "Dark Angel" (2000) I would have to play it rough. If you hit an actress accidentally, she would usually take it on the chin and say: "Don't do that again." But with the guys, they would put ice on it, take a 20-minute break and ask for X-rays. It was unbelievable. I would tell them: "Come on, man, get over it." That's actors for you.

88. Movies are the shadiest business in the world.

89. It's not always so great to be objectified, but I don't feel I have much of a choice right now. I'm young in my career. I know I have to strike when the iron is hot.

90. Everyone in my family is an artist in some capacity whether they're musicians, painters, or sculptors, so it's in their blood.


91. My parents were young and liberal and knew I was going to drink anyway, so they let me do it at home.






92. I don't like being the center of attention.

93. It seems like all the people who are really impressed with themselves in school - it's like that's their whole life. What's after that? I was always attracted to the people who thought beyond school and of their future and who they would be as adults.


94. My whole life, when I was growing up, not one race has ever accepted me. So I never felt connected or attached to any race specifically. I did grow up in a Mexican-American culture, but my mom (who's of French and Danish descent) was there the whole time. I mean, I had a very American upbringing, I feel American, and I don't speak Spanish. So, to say that I'm a Latin actress, OK, but i's not fitting; it would be insincere. If you're going to look genetically, I'm actually less Latin than Cameron Diaz, whose father is from Cuba. But she's not getting called a Latin actress because she's got blond hair and blue eyes.

95. My theory is that if you look confident you can pull off anything - even if you have no clue what you're doing.





96. One of the reasons why I chose not to be a devout Christian is because a lot of people gave me a lot of grief for just being a woman and made me feel ashamed for having a body because it tempted men. I didn't understand what that meant because I was like: "God created this…" That was a hard time in my life.


97. A parent knows better than any book or "expert" what their kid really needs.







98. Parents try the best they can. They want the best for you. But a lot of their stuff is just their own. If you can pull yourself away from it and not always feel like they're attacking you, then it's easier to deal with.


99. As a kid, I was always sick. I had pneumonia, I had really severe allergies. And it wasn't until I got older, that I realized some of that was caused by toxins in things like detergent. That made me crazy, because it's supposed to help get things clean!





100. I don't need to be in the press or seen. Just because I'm not in magazines or because I'm not in a movie doesn't mean I'm going away. It just means I have some sense of integrity.


101. She dreams, she smiles and coos and does all these things, but she hasn't seen enough of the world yet to understand any of that stuff. So still feel like she's connected to the other world, or something. There's no other way to explain it. It's a miracle.



What do you think of Jessica Alba's quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting! 


Comments

Popular Posts