Kristen Johnston On Lupus: "I'm Really, Really Sick"

Kristen Johnston opened up about being "really, really sick" with a rare form of lupus.


The "3rd Rock From the Sun" star, who had to take medical leave from her new show "The Exes" this fall, revealed what's been going on with her in a number of facebook posts.


Johnston, 46, wrote: "Short(ish) version: I've been really, really sick since early Sept. Full body muscle weakness to the extent that just walking difficult, stairs impossible and I even need a neck brace to hold my head up."

Johnston went on: "Through the fall, I shot as much of The Exes as I possibly could, but eventually I did have to (BEGRUDGINGLY) miss two episodes."


"After 4 months & 17 Drs (no lie) I've FINALLY been diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disorder," Johnston explained.




Johnston initially hesitated to name the significant illness, but did so in a separate post.


"I just was diagnosed 2 days ago with a rare form of Lupus called "Lupus Myelitis" - google it," Johnston wrote on Thursday, adding: "I'm not on my death bed…far from it. I'm gonna be fine. I just wanted to have a few weeks of privacy to navigate it & receive treatment."




Lupus myelitis is a form of the disease affecting the spinal cord.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts