Phil Robertson: "Black People Were Happy In Pre-Civil Rights South"

Phil Robertson also discussed racism in the south in his controversial GQ interview, which got him suspended from A&E's "Duck Dynasty."


Asked whether he witnessed racism in the pre-Civil Rights south, Robertson, 67, was quoted as saying: "I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once."

Robertson explained: "Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field…They're singing and happy."


The Louisiana native went on: "I never heard one of them, one black person, say: "I tell you what: These doggone white people' - not a word!…Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

Just in case you have missed it, the reality star slammed gay people as sinners in his sitdown with the outlet.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts