Ashley Judd Quotes

1. It's so wrong to yearn so much, that you miss the joy of what you're living. That's definitely something I've learned and am willing to share.


2. Some Kentucky fans are a little more subdued.

3. I just think that you have to be very protective of your own world. The self can be very inundated and if you're porous, it can become problematic.


4. It is our honor to recognize the dedication of Archbishop Tutu, Senator Landrieu, and Senator Lugar in making HIV/AIDS relief a priority in both the domestic and international debate…Every 15 seconds a young person becomes infected with HIV. The work these honorees are doing is desperately needed and they are setting important examples of innovative political and social response to saving our future generations from the HIV/AIDS emergency.

5. The movie is wonderful and London is the greenest city on earth. It has the most parks and the rose gardens were in bloom while we were there.

6. I think that being perceptive and having interests is nothing but an asset.

7. My mother's into frilly dresses and eyelashes and hairstyles from the 1970s. We always argue about that.


8. Yeah, I've had the privilege to know a lot of really talented people.





9. I did a lot of hiking and I loved it.

10. Oh sure, I can do that, no problem. Gain 30 pounds, sing a song, ride a horse, jump off a building, no worries.


11. Regardless, we are a two career household, and it's Dario's season, and I'm really excited about going racing.






12. My mat is a safe place. I'll go into Child's pose or I'll simply sit on it and cry. It's my rock. I haven't been depressed in a while, but it's something I know how to look for in my life. Yoga has made a big difference there.


13. You don't stay married for 35 years by accident. I think that that's willful and intentional and something that both people really want.





14. I know what $20 can do, what $600 can do, what $1 million can do, so I've radically altered my own spending - I will stay at the airport hotel rather than the $350-a-night one, and then I'll take the extra money and invest it to accrue interest, so I can later donate it.


15. A lot of people over the years have been doing yoga and I think even more these days are expressing an interest in it. So there are a lot of manifestations of spirituality here in town.


16. I get lonely when I'm a Playstation widow.


17. And of course there's so much music in and around our family. I had a piano during Christmas because it's obviously useful through the season. There are so many people, songwriters, who are around.

18. Well, the fact is that one imagination is critically important, and if you have had your imagination stimulated by what is basically a variety of subjects, you are much more amenable to accepting, to understanding and interacting with the realities of the world.


19. I think that, as with marriage, you just know when it's time to have kids.

20. Both my husband and I give a lot of ourselves in what we do because that is our public lives; but in my private life, I have an intrinsic right to be left alone.



21. It's up to us to take pop culture back and to express quality and dignity for both boys and girls.

22. I have a lot of variety within me, and the dream role, I think, is actually a compilation of parts that express different aspects of my persona and personal interests.



23. I was always told I was special. And I was also assured that I had a gift and a purpose.


24. I have a responsibility to nurture and shepherd my talent and when I'm living the parts of my life not related to that I feel I have the right to be left alone.



25. And it blew my mind when I started to get wind of the fact that they actually liked me being around. That was humbling, because Kentucky basketball is a big deal, and I am not the biggest fan - I am just the most notorious one.


26. I think that we give the impression, to carry on your metaphor, that we go a little faster than we actually do. I'm fairly lazy so I'm always interested in slowing down.

27. I've always been crazy for the American songbook.

28. People say that to me and I think what unites all my characters is that they are hurt; it's most accurate to say I play characters that are hurt but are responding to their environment.



29. Everything I've done has been personally fun, important, and meaningful to me.

30. Ruby in Paradise and the intensity and quality that I was able to experience on Smoke were equally as important to me as working on this movie every day for three-and-a-half months.


31. I've been devoted to Alison Krauss for many, many years.


32. It's funny, though, because when I first started going to races after we met, I was extremely nervous. It's like being backstage and hoping you don't trip over something or break an amp or accidentally speak into a live microphone, so I was really hesitant.

33. I think it's easy for me to connect to some people, and I don't know if that's the same thing as falling in love whereas before, I might have said it was.



34. When I accept a role, I feel that as an artist I have to submit completely to the tutelage of my director. And while I expect to be heard and encouraged and honored, at the end of the day, man, it's the way the director wants it.



35. No, I don't tolerate pressure from anyone about anything.

36. When I was working on "Eye of the Beholder", I played a character who is so aloof that my whole lifestyle became very aloof. If someone knocked on my door, there was a part of me that went into a rage, because I wanted to be isolated and alone.

37. I can't think of anything I want and need that I don't already have but at the same time, I'm not sated.


38. I've always been crazy for the American songbook.





39. My vocation is to make my life an act of worship.

40. I was powerless over my childhood but the coping strategies that I developed, to survive, all of which were creative and brilliant and got me through, as an adult those became my defects of character. Those became my shortcomings, control and all that kind of stuff...and that's my responsibility.


41. You have so much power to bring awareness, prevention and change.

42. One thing I did with my dad, which was very dramatic, was play outdoor hide-and-seek. We would play with grown-ups, and they took it so seriously. 



43. More often than what you're suggesting, I find people are surprised that I have an urban side to me.


44. Tough girls come from New York. Sweet girls, they're from Georgia. But us Kentucky girls, we have fire and ice in our blood. We can ride horses, be a debutante, throw left hooks, and drink with the boys, all the while making sweet tea, darlin'. And if we have an opinion, you know you're gonna hear it.

45. Abstinence, being faithful and correct and consistent condom use are the only ways to successfully reach everyone when discussing HIV prevention. I believe that the abstinence message alone does not solve the AIDS epidemic.

46. I was a blameless child in what happened in the home; I take responsibility for my behaviors as an adult.


What do you think of Ashley Judd's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts