Dawn Wells Quotes

1. We have a second home that also completely rolled into the back of the lot. I had already resolved it in the back of my heart that we pretty much lost everything. I didn't expect to be able to salvage anything.


2. What I say is if you've got a talent and God has given you a gift, I think it's kind of your responsibility to try it. Ya know, we can't all dance and sing and paint and have math in our heads. So, wherever you've got that gift I think you should explore it, but my attitude is there's no better time than when you're young.



3. He was such a gentle soul. He was probably much more complex than people realized.


4. (on her supposed arrest for marijuana possession in 2007) I think it is so hysterical that people went nuts over it. I am what, now, 102 years old? I get booked for the first time in my life and suddenly I am a drug-sing bum? I have told people the facts, but facts don't interest people or the media. They only trust headlines. The only reason I even cared was because it negatively affected my film festival and film school and my sponsors were concerned. If I did not own a not-for-profit school, I would be on "Saturday Night Live" (1975) making fun of it!

5. I have a faith in a God that's much bigger than any of this.



6. Just because a woman is over 50 does not mean she no longer has anything to offer. If anything, we have so much more to offer! We have lived life, we get better with age. I do my best work now in my 60s. Sure, I could retire; but what would I do? Play Bingo? I think not!

7. Acting is my first love.



8. (on Tina Louise) I saw Tina recently and she is so thin! I mean, I give her credit for staying in shape, but the women needs to eat some lunch!


9. Mary Ann has been such a big part of my life these past 40 years, it's really impossible to get away from it. But why would I want to? Everywhere in the world that I go I am greeted with love. Some kids who watched the show back then are still watching, but with their grandchildren now. That is a really wonderful thing! As an actress I have succeeded, I created a character that meant something to some people and it has lasted. So I refuse to ignore it and run away from it.

10. As silly as it seems to all of us, it has made a difference in a lot of children's lives. Gilligan is a buffoon that makes mistakes and I cannot tell you how many kids come up and say: "But you loved him anyway".






11. The industry has changed somewhat over the years. I think the opportunity of being who you are is a little easier. You don't have to fit into the mold of the beautiful sexpot or the beautiful leading lady. Your essence of your personality is more of a key.


12. I went through Andrew back in '92 and I lost everything there, too. This is my second time starting over again.





13. She makes learning about Jesus fun.

14. I hate to admit that because it brings false hopes to the poor kids thinking of going into the business, but I came here (Los Angeles) and got an agent within six weeks and got my first job within six weeks.



15. We take it one day at a time, one step at a time, and whatever comes, comes.


16. It bothers me at times when people say: "Oh, her career went nowhere after "Gilligan's Island" (1964). In actual fact, doing more film and TV was not my interest. My theater career has flourished and I cherish that. As an actor, I have always believed theater is the true art form. I have played in nearly 100 productions in my career, with roles ranging from Maggie in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" to doing "Menopause: The Musical". In film or TV, I would never have been given the opportunity to play such a range of characters.


What do you think of Dawn Wells quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts