Rita Moreno Quotes

1. Rita Hayworth was my inspiration.

2. Can a man love too much? I'll never know.

3. Bigger than life is not difficult for me. I am bigger than life.

4. I'm deeply grateful for the applause, and I thrive in the spotlight.


5. I personally detest violence, even in make-believe.


6. I refused to compromise and make myself look younger than my age.

7. Then there's the story of ill-fated love. It's universal.

8. I love the people here. I love New York.

9. When I am deeply upset and inwardly undone, I become very controlled.




10. Jack Nicholson was the most obliging of costars.


11. The reason was that there simply weren't enough Hispanic - forget Puerto Rican - Hispanic male and female dancers at the time who could do the kind of professional job that was needed for Jerome Robbins' choreography, which is, you might have noticed, extremely complex and very difficult.

12. There is a thin razor-sharp line between love and obsession.


13. I had Spanish albums with children's songs, and some in English, too.


14. Staying active and persevering is part and parcel of the character of a performer.

15. The reason there weren't any, I am surmising, is that a lot of Latin kids, Latino kids, in those days didn't have the money to take those kind of classes.


16. It is very important that women of this country be made aware of the dangers of osteoporosis in the sense that it is a silent and invisible disease with no symptoms whatsoever.



17. You always have to be able to get up, dust yourself off, and move forward.


18. Not every woman has known great love, but I have been lucky enough to have had two.


19. I have since learned - in my seventies and eighties - the real value of women friends.

20. They made me use an accent, which I wasn't thrilled about because a lot of us, obviously, don't have them.


21. They've had to overcome a great deal - not as much as I did - but it's become OK to be Latino.

22. Retirement is just not in my DNA.

23. I soon found work that fit seamlessly into being a mother.


24. This Puerto Rican girl was living the quintessential American dream.



25. My perseverance paid off.



26. I was stereotyped as a hot Latina with smoldering eyes and hips that wouldn't quit.

27. At thirteen I auditioned for and won my first part on Broadway.


28. I had battled racism and sexism all my life. Now I had to battle ageism.


29. I could do it all, but Hollywood still didn't quite know what to do with me.

30. Growing old in Hollywood is a serious deficit.

31. This is my idea of heaven, coming home and watching the news.


32. "West Side Story" would change my life forever.


33. Apparently, I think it's Columbia Records has Betty Wand's name on all of the stuff that I did, too, and that's made me very, very unhappy.

34. When was the last time you saw a story being driven forward by dances and songs?


35. When was the last time you saw a musical about people at war with each other?



36. I felt such joy when I was on the stage and wanted to do nothing else.




37. Motherhood is a romance too.

38. I think it was absolutely a noble cause. Kids watched it for the entertainment, but they were learning at the same time. I think it's something brilliant that deserves to be out there again.


What do you think of Rita Moreno's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts