Russell Johnson, Professor On "Gilligan's Island", Dies At 89

"The Professor" on the classic 1960s sitcom "Gilligan's Island" Russell Johnson died on Thursday at the age of 89.


Johnson's passing was confirmed by his agent.

Johnson passed away at his property in Washington State of natural causes.


"He died at 5:21 a.m. of natural causes at home in Washington state," agent Michael Eisenstadt was quoted as saying, adding that Johnson's wife and his daughter were at his side.



Of the seven "castaways" on "Gilligan's Island," only Tina Louise, 79, and Dawn Wells, 75, are still alive.


"My 2 favorite people are now gone. The Professor past away this morning. My heart is broken," Wells was quoted as saying, referring to Johnson and star Bob Denver, who died in 2005.

Wells added: "Russell was a true gentleman, a good father, a great friend, and "the rest." I love him and shall miss him. My heart goes out to (his wife) Connie and his daughter Kim. I love you."


R.I.P Russell Johnson


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts