Sid Caesar Quotes

1. When I did comedy I made fun of myself. If there was a buffoon, I played the buffoon. And people looked at me and said: "Gee, that's like Uncle David" or "That's like a friend of mine". And they related through that. I didn't make fun of them. I made fun of me.

2. The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was a genius.


3. When we could split the screen, it was like "Wow!"







4. In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed.


5. The things I see now on TV and in movies are so outlandish. Kids doing rude things with pies! And the language that they use! It's being outrageous for the sake of being outrageous. I can't watch it. It turns me off.


6. Comedy has to be based on truth. You take the truth and you put a little curlicue at the end.


7. I didn't allow cue cards because, to my mind, when you're acting with someone you listen when they speak…Because then you can push off not just what they say but how they say it. You don't just hang around waiting for your cue.

8. The trouble with telling a good story is that it invariably reminds the other fellow of a dull one.








9. Every language has its own music.

10. The remote control changed our lives…The remote control took over the timing of the world. That's why you have road rage. You have people who have no patience, because you got immediate gratification. You got click, click, click, click. If it doesn't explode within three seconds, click click, click.


11. After all those years of doing a live, hour-and-a-half show every week, I've got nothing more I need to prove.




12. If I don't believe it, I don't care.


13. If you listen to a language for 15 minutes, you know the rhythm and song.

14. People come up to me and they thank me: "I thank you for the many, many hours of laughter."


What do you think of Sid Caesar's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts