Drew Barrymore: "I Don't Think I'm A Good Actor"

Drew Barrymore admits that Steven Spielberg is her mentor and reveals to The New York Times that his early advice to her changed everything.  



Barrymore, 39, recalls: "Steven told me: "Don't act your characters. Be your characters.""

"I don't think I'm a good actor," Barrymore was quoted as saying, noting: "I feel like it's fake and yucky and it just doesn't ring true. But…if you research and you study and make it personal, you just become that person, and it's your truth and everything else around you falls away."


"Then you're telling the truth, it's not lying, it's not fake. So he gave me that wisdom because at 6, I guess I was comfortable and more humorous than I would have remembered now. But once I got older and kept continuing acting, I don't know if I would have succeeded without that advice, because it's the thing that saved me," Drew explained.

"I'm not an actor, I'm a pretender," Barrymore added.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts