Lady Gaga To Deliver SXSW Keynote Address

Lady Gaga will deliver the keynote address at this year's South by Southwest Festival. The festival's organizers revealed last night that Gaga, 27, will be giving her speech as part of a conversation led by John Norris of Fuse on Friday, March 14th at 11:00 a.m. in the Grand Ballroom of the Hilton Austin-Downtown.  



The keynote address will unfold the morning after Gaga's first-ever performance at SXSW. On Thursday, March 13th, Mother Monster will appear at the Subb's Doritos #BoldStage for an intimate show, with admission offered to fans eager to complete a number of "bold challenges" issued by Doritos. Gaga's performance will benefit her Born This Way Foundation.

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Lady Gaga claimed that her SXSW performance will be a "completely one-off set and experience." 


"I've been dreaming of this moment," Gaga was quoted as saying, adding: "It's all about the music and the connection with the crowd, and I want the audience in Austin to see me live in a way I never have before. I love theatrics, but I started out singing at a piano with a Bud Light in a bikini. Performing at Stubb's is a real blast from my past, I can't wait to celebrate with the audience how far music can go when we believe and stick together. It's moments like these that I live for."

In delivering this year's address, Lady Gaga becomes part of SXSW keynote speakers such as Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young and Dave Grohl, who stated last year's speaking gig "without a doubt, my musical life's greatest honor."

SXSW 2014 begins on March 11th.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts