Mindy Kaling To Vogue: "I Don't Want To Be Skinny" (VIDEO)

Mindy Kaling opened up about her body and fashion in a new Vogue clip.  





"I feel the same way about clothes as I do about food," Kaling, 34, told the mag, noting: "I want everything."


Kaling has no intention to compromise with Hollywood beauty standards if it comes at too high a cost.




"There's a whole list of things I would probably change about myself," Kaling admitted, adding: "For example, I'm always trying to lose fifteen pounds. But I never need to be skinny. I don't want to be skinny."


"I'm constantly in a state of self-improvement, but I don't beat myself up over it," Kaling went on.

As for her fashion choices, Kaling revealed to Vogue: "I love when your clothes can help you project that you're witty - you know, when your outfit does some of the work for you."

"When I'm at my thinnest, I tend to wear things that don't show off my body," Kaling stated, adding: "But when I'm bigger, I'll go body-con, which comes from a place of "This is my perimeter, in case you were wondering if I was actually much bigger.""


Plus she is eager to take risks.





"It's really tempting not to take chances," Kaling claimed, noting: "But I don't want to be fearful. I don't want my tombstone to say, she hid her imperfections well on the red carpet."

As part of her experience with Vogue, the writer-actress also shot a hilarious short video of her fitting in the magazine's well-stocked closet.



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts