Rob Lowe Missed His Chance With Madonna

It looks like Rob Lowe wanted to sleep with Madonna - not only dance with her, as he reveals in "Love Life," the sequel to his bestselling 2011 memoir "Stories I Only Tell My Friends."  


Lowe, who claims the new book (due out April 8) is racier than his first; it tells of meeting Madonna, 55, after a show in Los Angeles in 1984.

"She was cute and she was young and she was single, and so I sat front-row…she was a revelation," Lowe, 49, writes. ""Madonna would like to see you backstage,"" a security guard said as the house lights came up."

"She had flawless skin and eyes that imparted secrets…she asked what movie I was working on and so I told her a little about "St. Elmo's Fire," which I had just finished. "I play the bad boy," I said. Madonna just smiled. She seemed to like that."

Months later, the two made a date to meet up at the Palladium, "a giant dance club that was filled with rabid "boy-toy" doppelganger fans of both sexes. It was a madhouse."


After a harrowing trek through the "grabbing and pawing" crowd, Lowe reached the VIP section.





"Madonna and I were discussing where we would sneak off to at the end of the evening when she suddenly jumped up and said: "Let's dance!"…"I'll wait here," I said.


""Suit yourself," she replied as she waded beyond the velvet rope into the fray."

But, unlike the Queen of Pop, Lowe had no desire to socialize with his fans.

Lowe writes: ""You're crazy," I said, half meaning it. "No I'm not," she said…"I'm just not going to let success f-k up my fun.""

Lowe will sign copies of his book on April 9 at Barnes & Noble on Fifth Avenue.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts