Prince Quotes

1. I've got more hits than Madonna's got kids.

2. But life is just a party, and parties weren't meant to last.

3. I'm real easy-going.

4. I rock, therefore I am.

5. So many different things happen to you when you finally connect with your soulmate. You eat better. You sleep more. You wanna stay in the house lil more.


6. I ain't mad at anybody. I don't have any enemies.


7. Hard to say what's right when all I wanna do is wrong.

8. They say money won't buy you happiness…but it'll pay for the search.

9. I might just stop talking again and not do interviews.

10. Everyone has a rock bottom.


11. Me And Ocean - Two Deep Dreams Of God






12. I don't vote and I got nothing to do with it.

13. Doing a residency in any particular city requires a large repertoire to ensure repeat business.


14. Most people don't want to talk about politics and religion. They say: "Let's talk about something else."


15. I like arguments.

16. Each audience is different.

17. Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful.

18. I don't talk about the past.


19. I'm a Jehovah's Witness.


20. I used to be more involved with every aspect of everything onstage. I'm way more relaxed now. It feels like anything can happen.



21. Music is the ultimate power, love is simply the message and the truth will set you free.

22. Music is music, ultimately. If it makes you feel good, cool.


23. The gatekeepers must change.


24. What's missing from pop music is danger.

25. The internet's completely over.

26. There are people who are unhappy with everything.

27. Well, my musicians are my friends.

28. I never really got off on awards so much. I think it's more for the people who give them and also for the fans. I get a lot of props from people in the street and a lot of love and congratulation, pats on back, so it's a good feeling you know the after-effects.


29. I have friends that are gay, and we study the Bible together.


30. When it comes to the video channels and the programs, the radio stations, the music is geared towards kids, and it's made by kids.



31. The key to longevity is to learn every aspect of music that you can.

32. I don't see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won't pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can't get it.


33. The Bible is a study guide for social interaction.






34. Why does there have to be a soundcheck? I don't have a songcheck. You don't have a clothescheck.

35. It's fun being in Islamic countries, to know there's only one religion. There's order. You wear a burqa. There's no choice. People are happy with that.


36. What if I don't want to sing "Purple Rain" every time I go on stage? The fans don't want that, either. It's my music, they're my songs.





37. When everyone recognizes Jehovah's name, then everyone will be happy because everyone will know what to do and how to do it.


38. We don't celebrate birthdays like we don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Because you're told you're supposed to retire at a certain age.

39. I used to have seizures when I was young. My mother and father didn't know what to do or how to handle it but they did the best they could with what little they had.

40. It was also about Madonna. She was getting paid, but at the same time we were selling more records and selling out concerts on multiple nights. It wasn't about her. This was about business.


41. Cool means being able to hang with yourself. All you have to ask yourself is "Is there anybody I'm afraid of? Is there anybody who if I walked into a room and saw I'd get nervous?" If not, then you're cool.

42. Now there's no one to go and see. Where are the young ones coming along to whoop us up? Who is there to go and see? Fem 2 Fem?


43. People say I'm wearing heels because I'm short. I wear heels because the women like 'em.




44. You can always tell when the groove is working or not.

45. You can always renegotiate a record contract. You just go in and say: "You know, I think my next project will be a country-and-western album."


46. In the early years when I toured, I was never a tourist. I was always so focused on the show. I just wanted to tear it up and get out of town.


47. There's this thing called compulsory licensing law that allows artists through the record companies to take your music at will without your permission.


48. I do pay performance royalties on others' songs I perform live, but I'm not recording these songs and putting them up for sale. Why do we need to hear another cover of a song someone else did? Art is about building a new foundation, not just laying something on top of what's already there.

49. I'm much more comfortable with doing interviews now because I'm harder to misquote. Everything I'm about is freedom of choice and knowing what the truth can do.


50. Time is a mind construct. It's not real.


51. I went to see the Jackson Five when I was a kid, and they all wore flat shoes and it didn't work.



52. A strong spirit transcends rules.

53. I always used to cuss onstage…Now I've learned that that's not necessary.


54. Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people.


55. I really believe in finding new ways to distribute my music.

56. Too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay.

57. If you look in the Bible there's no birthdays.

58. There's a dark side to everything.


59. Well, the reason why is because I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and we've never voted. That's not to say that I don't think Barack Obama - President Obama - is a very smart individual and he seems like he means well. Prophecy is what we all have to go by now. Prophecy is what we all have to go by now.

60. It's a hurtful place, the world, in and of itself. We don't need to add to it. And we're in a place now where we all need one another, and it's going to get rougher. 


61. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you.







62. All you see on television are debased images.

63. Do you know how many of my songs I own? Not a single one. Out of 16 albums, not a single one. They won't belong to my children. I won't be able to pass them on to my grandchildren. They belong to someone else. Why? It's my music.


64. When I found out that there was eight Presidents before George Washington, I wanted to smack somebody.


65. At one time, MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated.

66. Charlie Chaplin started having kids at 60-just decided he wanted to have kids then. I still feel the same as I've always felt. Better now, because I'm happier.


67. All these non-singing, non-dancing, wish-I-had-me-some-clothes fools who tell me my albums suck. Why should I pay any attention to them?


68. But again, it's the record company. If they don't want to promote a song, they don't make the effort to cross it over into other markets, and the fans don't get to know it. It's the same with my albums.

69. I have a writing addiction.


70. One thing I'd like to say is that I don't live in a prison. I am not afraid of anything. I haven't built any walls around myself, and I am just like anyone else. I need love and water.


What do you think of Prince quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts