Stephen Colbert Replaces David Letterman On "The Late Show"

Stephen Colbert is replacing David Letterman.  



The news was announced on Thursday.

Colbert, 49, and CBS have signed a five-year deal for him to take over "The Late Show" from Letterman, 66, when the retiring icon leaves in 2015, although a final date has not been revealed.


"Simply being a guest on David Letterman's show has been a highlight of my career," Colbert said in a statement, noting: "I never dreamed that I would follow in his footsteps, though everyone in late night follows Dave's lead."

Colbert added: "I'm thrilled and grateful that CBS chose me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go grind a gap in my front teeth."


"Stephen Colbert is one of the most inventive and respected forces on television," CBS President Les Moonves pointed out, explaining: "David Letterman's legacy and accomplishments are an incredible source of pride for all of us here, and today's announcement speaks to our commitment of upholding what he established for CBS in late night."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts