Angelina Jolie: "I Never Thought I'd Be In Love" (PHOTOS)

Angelina Jolie spoke out about her eight-year affair with Brad Pitt in the June issue of Elle.  



"You get together and you're two individuals and you feel inspired by each other, you challenge each other, you complement each other, drive each other beautifully crazy," Jolie, 38, was quoted as saying.

Jolie explained: "After all these years, we have history - and when you have history with somebody, you're friends in such a very real, deep way that there's such a comfort, and an ease, and a deep love that comes from having been through quite a lot together."


"I never thought I'd have children, I never thought I'd be in love, I never thought I'd meet the right person," Angelina confessed to the mag, noting: "Having come from a broken home - you kind of accept that certain things feel like a fairy tale, and you just don't look for them."




Jolie went on: "It's that need to find a full voice, to push open the walls around you. You want to be free. And as you start to feel that you are being corralled into a certain life, you kind of push against it."

"It may come out very strange, it may be interpreted wrong, but you're trying to find out who you are," Jolie, pointed out, adding that she feared a "life half-lived."


Jolie revealed: "I realized that very young - that a life where you don't live to your full potential, or you don't experiment, or you're afraid, or you hesitate, or there are things you know you should do but you just don't get around to them, is a life that I'd be miserable living, and the only way to feel that I'm on the right path is just to be true to myself, whatever that may be, and that tends to come with stepping out of something that's maybe safe or traditional."

Jolie feels grateful for the blessed, full life including one where she spends screen time with her children in "Maleficent" and even has to be menacing to daughter Vivienne.


"We call her my shadow, because there's nothing I can do to shake her. I can be tired, I can be grumpy, I can be in a terrible mood, and she doesn't care. It's "Mommy, Mommy," and she'll cling to me," Angelina claimed, adding: "We knew that she would still do that thing, she'd still smile at me and insist that I pick her up. So we couldn't really cast anybody else."



"Brad and I made the decision that we wouldn't keep them from sets and the fun of making movies, but we wouldn't (glorify it either) - we wouldn't make it a good thing or a bad thing. But I would really prefer they do something else," Jolie claimed, adding: "After two days of it, Brad and I were so stressed we never wanted to do it again."



Photo credit: Hedi Slimane for ELLE


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts