Lana Del Rey: "Feminism Is Boring"

In a new interview with Fader, Lana Del Rey called feminism "boring".  







"For me, the issue of feminism is just not an interesting concept," Del Rey, 27, confessed to the mag.


Del Rey, whose real name is Elizabeth Woolridge Grant,  pointed out: "I'm more interested in, you know, SpaceX and Tesla, what's going to happen with our intergalactic possibilities. Whenever people bring up feminism, I'm like, god. I'm just not really that interested."

"My idea of a true feminist is a woman who feels free enough to do whatever she wants," Lana was quoted as saying.


The performer's past has been deeply traumatic.

Last year, Del Rey gave a touching performance in Dublin.


"I'd been sick on tour for about two years with this medical anomaly that doctors couldn't figure out," Del Rey claimed, adding: "That's a big part of my life: I just feel really sick a lot of the time and can't figure out why. I'd gotten these shots in Russia, where we'd just been."


Del Rey went on: "It was just heavy. It's just heavy performing for people who really care about you, and you don't really care that much about yourself sometimes. I thought it was sad. I thought my position was sad. I thought it was sad to be in Ireland singing for people who really cared when I wasn't sure if I did."

Lana has experienced other misfortunes, too.

When Del Rey first entered the music scene a couple of years ago, she was slammed by critics who questioned her music and her originality.


"I was, you know, a mess," Lana admitted to the outlet, noting: "I totally wanted to kill myself every day."



As for her tracks, they are kind of dark.



Del Rey was asked about the recurring theme of being choked in her clips.

Lana replied: "I like a little hardcore love."


Del Rey was quoted as saying: "My career isn't about me. My career is a reflection of journalism, current-day journalism. My public persona and career has nothing to do with my internal process or my personal life," adding: "It is actually just a reflection on writers' creative processes and where they're at in 2014. Literally has nothing to do with me. Most of anything you've ever read is not true."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts