Sherri Shepherd Leaves "The View"

Sherri Shepherd is exiting the "The View."

Shepherd, 47, announced the news on Thursday night, briefly before Jenny McCarthy stated she is also not coming back.


Shepherd said in a statement: "It's been seven wonderful years on The View and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on. I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and Bill Gedde for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey."

According to a source, ABC and the co-host could not sign a new contract deal after lengthy negotiations.


Shepherd, previously famous as an actress and comedienne, participated in the morning talk show in 2007.



Shepherd's exit comes one month after Walters' retirement.

Former colleagues Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck both quit the series last year, with Walters later claiming she wanted to "shake up" the panel and likely add a conservative male co-host.

In May, it was falsely reported that Whoopi Goldberg was leaving the program, but she is still expected to stay on.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts