Aaliyah Quotes

1. I think it's important to take a break, you know, from the public eye for a while, and give people a chance to miss you. I want longevity. I don't want to get out there and run myself ragged and spread myself thin. 



2. In film, you are a totally different person than in the video.



3. Being female, you're raised to be a good, sweet girl and not flip out. So I had to give myself permission to be mean and evil. It's tough. But I've always been drawn to the darker side of things.


4. (interview in July 2001 with Germany's "Die Zeit" newspaper that eerily predicts her death) It is dark in my favorite dream. Someone is following me. I don't know why. I'm scared. Then suddenly I lift off. Far away. How do I feel? As if I am swimming in the air. Free. Weightless. Nobody can reach me. Nobody can touch me. It's a wonderful feeling.

5. It's fun to be creative and innovative and come up with something crazy. So I need people to work with who are not going to be afraid to take it to the left a bit.




6. I'm involved in some action scenes, so they'll train me for that. I'll be working with my acting coach to prepare for my character.


7. In this business, it is very hard to have anything for yourself, because you become a public figure. That comes with the territory.

8. Because I came out as a singer, I took the time to get an acting coach.

9. My parents just tell me, if you know what you want, you should stay determined and go for it. You can do anything.


10. The Matrix is top secret. There isn't much that can be said right now.




11. You have to love what you do to want to do it everyday.

12. I was very involved. When I got with the producers, I told them I wanted an album with different moods, different flavors. I wanted to talk about relationships and have party songs.


13. There are times in my life when I just want to be by myself.

14. I'm the interpreter. I'm the one who takes your words and brings them to life. I was trained to sing and dance and laugh, and that's what I want to do.


15. All I can do is leave it in God's hands and hope that my fans feel where I'm coming from.

16. I stay true to myself and my style, and I am always pushing myself to be aware of that and be original.


17. I began to work the stage and get the audience into it. I also learned how to have fun out there. It is something I will never forget.


18. Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same.

19. If I don't think about it, it won't drive me crazy.


20. I know that people think I'm sexy and I am looked at as that. It is cool with me. It's wonderful to have sexy appeal. If you embrace it, it can be a very beautiful thing.


21. There are times I can't even figure myself out.


22. It's hard to say what I want my legacy to be when I'm long gone.



23. If you want to go to the mall, you have to take security. But it's always cool. The kids are amazing.

24. I've always been mysterious. There are times when I don't understand myself. I think I'm a bit of a vampire in real life and there are times when I just want to be myself.



25. I don't want to abandon one work for the other, and I don't think I need to sacrifice anything to put my all into either one of them.


26. (on her inspirations) Sade. How beautiful is she? I chose her because I idolize her. I've always looked up to her. She and I have the same birthday which is January 16th so I feel like she is my soul sister. What I love about Sade is that she stays true to her style no matter what. She can leave us for 8 years and come back and be absolutely mind blowing. And you gotta respect that.

27. There are certain things I want to keep to me. I don't discuss my private life.


28. I want people to remember me as a full-on entertainer and a good person.



29. I'm a total performer.

30. In film, you are a totally different person than in the video.


31. There are certain things I want to keep to me. I don't discuss my private life.




32. I don't feel I made any sacrifices at all. I'm doing my best to juggle.

33. "Romeo Must Die" came at the right time. It was the right vehicle for me.


34. It was always part of the plan to move into acting.


35. I'm the interpreter. I'm the one who takes your words and brings them to life. I was trained to sing and dance and laugh, and that's what I want to do.

36. It's in how you carry yourself. I've always been a very mature person and I've always known what I wanted. And I go after it no matter what.


37. I see myself as sexy. If you are comfortable with it, it can be very classy and appealing.



38. I don't think about my previous success. I'm happy that the work I've done has been very successful.



39. (in reference to losing during her appearance on "Star Search" as a child) It hurts but you pick yourself up and move on like nothing happened.


40. I'm a survivor and I can handle anything. I'm very confident about that.







41. I have the time needed to support the album and tour.

42. Everything is worth it. The hard work, the times when you're tired, the times where you're a bit sad...In the end, it's all worth it because it really makes me happy. There's nothing better than loving what you do.


43. That's why I work every day. Ev-er-y-day. I want to knock people out.




44. Keep working hard and you can get anything that you want.

45. Sensual is being in tune with your sensual self.


46. Well, I think that the image is a part of me. I wear the baggy pants, the hats, the whole nine. And you know, I may add a little for the excitement and the intrigue in the videos, but my family has told me that little air of mystery that surrounds me is for real.


47. It's really a sad story, and I liked that. The songs on this album talk about relationships in every aspect.


What do you think of Aaliyah's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts