Gaspard Ulliel Quotes

1. I love music.  







2. I'm not really a model.


3. I really like New York; there is a great mix of people and stories. One moment you are at a party with models and bankers and who knows what, and then you step outside and here is a hot dog stand and the lights and sounds of the street greet you. In Paris, your daily life is formed by your class and oriented by your social status. In New York, there is this sense of total freedom. I think if I lived in New York for too long I'd get tired though, everything goes so fast, there are all these temptations, the city never sleeps. Paris has a calmer pace.

4. My secret dream has always been to be a jazz musician. I tried the saxophone for a year or two when I was younger, but unfortunately I had to face the fact that I was not really talented!





5. I think I can be charmed by many different types of women, actually. It's all about a connection and chemistry. What I don't like: when she becomes a bit vulgar. I like classy ladies, I'd say, overall.


6. I just choose the scripts I want to work on. I don't know why. It's not something conscious or that I'm doing on purpose.


7. I think I would never be ready to do a regular job. I couldn't go to the office every day at the same hour. I love my life. This freedom.


8. And, you know, I would love to be able to express myself through my own film, and my own cinema, and even my own script. I would love to write the script. This was something I was really into, obviously, when I was 19 or 20.




9. I was not a very good student in school. I was not really interested about history.

10. When I'm doing a photo shoot, I'm not playing a part. I'm just trying to be myself.


11. I think one really memorable experience for me was on a film called "Strayed" by André Téchiné, a great filmmaker in France. That was an experience where I learned the most because he wouldn't leave me alone, even for a second, between takes. He was really focused on his actors and that was really wonderful. I was really young at the time and that was a really important film for me.

12. I've been an amateur photographer since my teens.


13. The Chanel woman is slender, sophisticated and chic.


14. When you see period films, it tends to often be with older actors.



15. Since first starting my career, I've grown accustomed to working with actors older than me. I'm always the youngest.

16. What I like in this job is the fact that it's always different, and each time it's a new adventure, with a new crew and a new director and a new way of working.


17. I began at twelve years old, but in fact I began really by chance. It was a friend of a friend of my mother's who was opening an agency, and she was looking for young kids. And so I entered the agency, but more by curiosity than real passion. And at first I had some small parts in TV movies - in fact my parents didn't want me to miss school, so I was working just once or twice a year. And I had a really regular progression - and this is really pleasant, I think - because I had small parts in TV movies, then bigger parts in TV movies, and then small parts in films. And I think this allows you to get…experience of the set and to get familiar with (the process). And as I had a really slow progression, I think it really helped me to stay lucid and not get carried away.

18. Half of my family comes from the French Alps. As a child, I almost skied before I walked!


19. When you're so passionate about cinema, the idea to direct your own film is really appealing.



20. I can be very patient. I don't like to do things in a hurry.


21. I love good food. I'm an epicurean, that's for sure…But I am not really a good cook.




22. Well, I think it can be quite helpful to be working on a character who actually existed, historically. Of course, you might have material to study and help you create the character.


23. I am not a big horror movie fan but sometimes I like to be scared in the cinema.

24. I did some theater as a kid for fun. But it was really by chance that I landed into acting.


What do you think of Gaspard Ulliel's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts