Jeff Bridges On Thinking He Saw Robin Williams' Ghost

Before beginning the press conference for the movie "The Giver", Jeff Bridges took some time to discuss his beloved pal and Fisher King co-star Robin Williams and the surreal encounter he had with the legendary actor's lookalike Radioman, an iconic New York figure.


Bridges, 64, explained how, approaching The Giver's party at the Central Park Boathouse last night, he saw Radioman and almost mistook him for Williams himself. Radioman became popular in the 1990s for hanging out on movie sets and developing relationships with celebrities. He met Williams on the set of Terry Gilliam's 1991 film "The Fisher King", as this 1996 New Yorker article explains, and they talked regularly. Radioman has claimed that Williams' homeless role in that film was based on him. Bridges as well has a friendship with Radioman.


"I just want to acknowledge the fullness of life, the joy and sadness that is in store for us all," stated Bridges, who also talked about Williams' tragic passing on the red carpet last night."I'm filled with both of these today as I was last night learning of my dear friend's passing. Robin. The joyous feeling of giving birth to our child here, The Giver. And the combination is just quite remarkable." 

Check out the rest of Bridges' reminiscence, which he punctuated with broad gestures, below...


"I remember pulling up to the Boathouse where we had our party and I'm sitting there with my wife, gathering myself and I look out of the window and I say, what? Is that Robin? Is that his ghost? No! It's Radioman. And it brought back all of these wonderful feelings of what an amazing time we had together here in New York shooting The Fisher King. And I got out of the car and embraced Radioman, looked in his face. And I remember when we were shooting Fisher King-Radioman, he knows where all the movies are shot somehow, I don't know how he magically does that. But, I remember seeing Radioman and he could not believe that Robin's character was here in the flesh in reality. And there he was. And so we embraced Radioman, I felt Robin's spirit as I'm feeling it here now in this room with us. Just before I came down I'm looking out my window to Central Park, my favorite part about New York, and I'm remember the last scene of me and Robin out there at four o'clock in the morning. Nude! Naked! And Robin's just wild and free. He's just, "let the wild pony dance!" and rubbing his butt on the grass, saying, "you know why dogs do this? Because they can!" So wild. I just had to share that with you because that's what's going on so strongly and how much I miss him and I'm sure you guys do too. What a gift he was to all of us".


Source: //www.thewire.com/entertainment/2014/08/jeff-bridges-on-thinking-he-saw-robin-williams-ghost/375941/



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts