Julia Roberts: "I Used To Think I'm The Prettiest"

Julia Roberts graces InStyle's cover for its 20th anniversary issue, marking her sixth appearance on the outlet's cover.


Despite serving as guest editor, Roberts, 46, also gave an honest interview about fashion, self-esteem and motherhood.

"I think I've always sort of been on the more boyish spectrum of girls," Roberts was quoted as saying, noting: "For example, I've never been chosen as "one of the top-five hottest actresses in a bikini.""


The Oscar winner claimed: "And honestly, it's a godsend. When I was younger, I'd think: "Oh, I'm the prettiest one. It's not Halle Berry. It's not!" But it is, you know?"





Julia confessed she "works for the moms."

"Even when I was 20, they were my demographic," Roberts explained, pointing out that she never wants to be asked again how she succeeds in balancing motherhood with being an actress.


Roberts went on: "Because, (a) I'm not nearly as busy as people think, (b) half of everything just doesn't get done - as long as no one is in tears, nobody smells bad and everyone's sleeping peacefully, I've done my job - and (c) I have a supportive group of girlfriends, a great husband and an understanding family."



"The rest gets done with grit, spit and a whole lot of duct tape," Roberts added.

Instyle's special September issue hits newsstands on August 15.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts