Zelda Williams Leaves Instagram And Twitter After Despicable Taunts About Robin

Zelda Williams has quit Instagram and twitter after being ridiculed and trolled on social media in the wake of her dad Robin Williams' death.


Zelda, who paid a tribute to her father shortly after his tragic suicide, was flooded with many message of support and sympathy, but also some absolutely horrible responses.


Internet trolls shared grisly Photoshopped pictures of the late actor and taunted Zelda, 25, and her family.

Zelda initially begged her followers to report several trolls by name, claiming she couldn't handle clicking on the awful links they had posted.


Afterwards, she deleted that message and tweeted: "I'm sorry. I should've risen above. Deleting this from my devices for a good long time, maybe forever. Time will tell. Goodbye."



On Instagram, Zelda posted an image of a butterfly and this note:


"I will be leaving this account for a but while I heal and decide if I'll be deleting it or not. In this difficult time, please try to be respectful of the accounts of myself, my family and my friends. Mining our accounts for photos of dad, or judging me on the number of them is cruel and unnecessary. There are a couple throughout, but the real private moments I shared with him were precious, quiet, and believe it or not, not full of photos or "selfies." I shared him with a world where everyone was taking their photo with him, but I was lucky enough to spend time with him without cameras too. That was more than enough, and I'm grateful for what little time I had. My favorite photos of family are framed in my house, not posted on social media, and they 'll remain there. They would've wound up on the news or blogs then, and they certainly would now. That's not what I want for our memories together. Thank you for your respect and understanding in this difficult time. Goodbye. Xo"

Earlier on Tuesday, in her official statement on the legendary actor's shocking death, Zelda hinted at the heinous taunts coming her way.

Zelda was quoted as saying: "As for those who are sending negativity, know that some small, giggling part of him is sending a flock of pigeons to your house to poop on your car. Right after you've had it washed. After all, he loved to laugh too."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts