Matthew McConaughey Talks Lance Armstrong And Camilla Alves

Matthew McConaughey graces the cover of GQ magazine's November 2014 issue.  









McConaughey, 44, told the mag about the Washington Redskins name: "What interests me is how quickly it got pushed into the social consciousness. We were all fine with it since the 1930s, and all of a sudden we go: "No, gotta change it"? It seems like when the first levee breaks, everybody gets on board. I love the emblem. I dig it. It gives me a little fire and some oomph. But now that it's in the court of public opinion, it's going to change. I wish it wouldn't, but it will."


The "Interstellar" star opened up about marrying his longtime love Camilla Alves: "I had to get to the point where I saw it as more than just the thing to do. I wanted to really want to. You know, I didn't want it to be a destination; the fun is that we're on the adventure together. And look, some of it had to do with her putting it on me. It took her going: "C'mon, Big Boy, Mr. Easygoing-We'll- Get-to-It-When-We-Get-to-It. Either sh*t or get off the pot.""

As for whether he is still friends with Lance Armstrong, the actor revealed to the outlet: "I like people who are great at what they do. At that time, we were two single men who were doing good in their careers and came from different places. To put my own emotions in front of this and go "You didn't tell me the truth" would be arrogant. And you know what? This is a friend. Who I know to be a good man. If there was an apology, it was said and I heard it."


For the full interview of Matthew McConaughey, check out GQ.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts